Amanita microdose for energy and motivation?

Feel free to discuss what you want.
TheBlindHarper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Amanita microdose for energy and motivation?

Post by TheBlindHarper » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:33 pm

Does anyone have any experience using low-dose Amanita for energy and to beat fatigue? I have read of reports on Reddit where people have used it for this reason, but I'd like to actively talk with someone about it.

ZombieAngel

Re: Amanita microdose for energy and motivation?

Post by ZombieAngel » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:47 am

Yes! That is the main thing that it has helped for me. I have really bad fatigue, and honestly I'm still struggling with it, but I was even worse before. Fly agaric definitly kick started a healing process for me. You can DM me or just ask here if you have any specific questions.
no guilt in life ☼ no fear in death

TheBlindHarper

Post by TheBlindHarper » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:17 pm

ZombieAngel wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:47 am
Yes! That is the main thing that it has helped for me. I have really bad fatigue, and honestly I'm still struggling with it, but I was even worse before. Fly agaric definitly kick started a healing process for me. You can DM me or just ask here if you have any specific questions.
Thanks very much mate :) What does do you take for its uplifting energy effects? How exactly do you consume it? Is it any good just eating chunks of the dried cap or is that wasting a lot of goodness?

ZombieAngel

Post by ZombieAngel » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:37 pm

TheBlindHarper wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:17 pm
ZombieAngel wrote:
Thanks very much mate :) What does do you take for its uplifting energy effects? How exactly do you consume it? Is it any good just eating chunks of the dried cap or is that wasting a lot of goodness?
I mostly use it every day or two in ointment form topically on my wrists, chest, neck, or back, but topically or a few drops in tincture form works just as well either sublingually or topically. I also found some guwessowii earlier in the year and I just air dried it and taking little nibbles of it, especially from the stipe works just as well, maybe better. As long as you aren't consuming like large amounts, the exact processing doesn't make a huge difference. When you first start, it might make you sleepy, but your body just needs a week or two to get used to it, and it forces you to rest more thoroughly.

TheBlindHarper

Post by TheBlindHarper » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:09 am

ZombieAngel wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:37 pm
TheBlindHarper wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:17 pm
ZombieAngel wrote:
I mostly use it every day or two in ointment form topically on my wrists, chest, neck, or back, but topically or a few drops in tincture form works just as well either sublingually or topically. I also found some guwessowii earlier in the year and I just air dried it and taking little nibbles of it, especially from the stipe works just as well, maybe better. As long as you aren't consuming like large amounts, the exact processing doesn't make a huge difference. When you first start, it might make you sleepy, but your body just needs a week or two to get used to it, and it forces you to rest more thoroughly.
Okay, so I should expect at least a few days of dosing before I notice to peak beneficial effects?

Donn

Post by Donn » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:00 am

TheBlindHarper wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:09 am
Okay, so I should expect at least a few days of dosing before I notice to peak beneficial effects?
I think it's more like, during the initial week or so you will adapt somewhat to the effects. Which is essentially the same thing, but it's more on what you do, than what you observe.

Lately I've been enjoying some cooked fresh fly agaric, in very modest quantities, and the effects in this form might be the energy we're talking about -- but if you weren't up for it, it might equally be more like stress. Real energy comes from food, which this is not.

[additionally ...] My theory is that the "makes you feel sleepy" story could be along the same lines. Your body's thinking you might be sick, and you should curl up in a warm place and sleep it off.

Fly agaric isn't here to help us. Like many if not most distinctive chemical properties of the plant and fungus kingdoms, it's saying "don't eat me." Most such poisons hope to make the predator sick enough to teach it a lesson, but not kill it; the psychoactive plants have an especially refined version that doesn't harm the predator a bit. I've heard that if you spike the punch with LSD, the ultimate psychedelic, and people get a load on but don't know what's going on, the experience will be something like food poisoning.

We're an unusual species that has come along and somewhat confounded the strategies of the fly agaric and other psychoactive plants. We can eat hot peppers and learn to enjoy it, we can feel sick and learn to enjoy it.

ZombieAngel

Post by ZombieAngel » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:42 pm

Donn wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:00 am
TheBlindHarper wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:09 am
I think it's more like, during the initial week or so you will adapt somewhat to the effects. Which is essentially the same thing, but it's more on what you do, than what you observe.

Lately I've been enjoying some cooked fresh fly agaric, in very modest quantities, and the effects in this form might be the energy we're talking about -- but if you weren't up for it, it might equally be more like stress. Real energy comes from food, which this is not.

[additionally ...] My theory is that the "makes you feel sleepy" story could be along the same lines. Your body's thinking you might be sick, and you should curl up in a warm place and sleep it off.

Fly agaric isn't here to help us. Like many if not most distinctive chemical properties of the plant and fungus kingdoms, it's saying "don't eat me." Most such poisons hope to make the predator sick enough to teach it a lesson, but not kill it; the psychoactive plants have an especially refined version that doesn't harm the predator a bit. I've heard that if you spike the punch with LSD, the ultimate psychedelic, and people get a load on but don't know what's going on, the experience will be something like food poisoning.

We're an unusual species that has come along and somewhat confounded the strategies of the fly agaric and other psychoactive plants. We can eat hot peppers and learn to enjoy it, we can feel sick and learn to enjoy it.
I don't really agree that it's just poison or just an energy boost. You can not really expect it to be like an energy drink. There's no "peak effect"... as far as I can tell from my experience and Amanita Dreamer's account, it's more of a general boost that helps you over time.

I don't feel like the the sleepiness in the beginning was because I had to get used to poison. I drink and used to smoke. I know what the hell poison feels like and this aint it, at least not in the small amounts I'm using. I am quite certain that the sleepiness was (and is when it happens still on occasion) because I was actually damned tired. The anxiety I felt was only because I was trying to resist the effects, and as soon as I gave in, it allowed me to rest much more thoroughly. The difference between restfullness and alertness became much more distinct than it has been in recent memory.

Fly agaric is here to help us if nothing else than in the sense that's it's a bloody adaptogen. It's not just for effect or stimulation like spicy food. Hell, even capsaicin has healing properties in reasonable amounts. Sorry if this is kind of defensive, but what you describe does not match up to my experience or the science as far as I know (I realize reserach is limited so I could be wrong).

I do agree, though, that it is largely on you to feel out what to do based on observation. Start small and build up. Don't mix with other substances especially not at first until you get a feel for it. I don't really dose. Some days I use a lot, and some days I don't use any at all. It just depends on how I feel and what I crave. Listen to your body.