Help buying a spectrophotometer

Feel free to discuss what you want.
amanitadreamer

Help buying a spectrophotometer

Post by amanitadreamer » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:19 pm

So I am gaining donations and soon I will be in a range to afford a spec for measuring the amounts of ibo and musc in caps. I have many experiemnts to do. But it's been so long since college and I have no idea how tech has advanced and how they even work now. I don't know what to buy and how to find one.
I know it's a long shot but if anyone has friends or anyone here work in a lab and could help I would appreciate it.
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post:
Amanita Research
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

AlaskanGuy
Has thanked: 0

Re: Help buying a spectrophotometer

Post by AlaskanGuy » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:36 am

well, you could buy a older generation like the Bausch & Lomb Spectronic 20... they run around 400 bucks and require a testing agent that is fairly easy to come by... they were the industry standard for over 30 years... or you can purchase a newer complicated computer enhanced version like that Cole 2800 that range around 3500 bucks used.. all depends on your budget and tech level.

good luck..

AG
These users thanked the author AlaskanGuy for the post (total 2):
Amanita Researchamanitadreamer

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:46 pm

AlaskanGuy wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:36 am
well, you could buy a older generation like the Bausch & Lomb Spectronic 20... they run around 400 bucks and require a testing agent that is fairly easy to come by... they were the industry standard for over 30 years... or you can purchase a newer complicated computer enhanced version like that Cole 2800 that range around 3500 bucks used.. all depends on your budget and tech level.

good luck..

AG
Thanks, I was afraid of that, that huge jump in price and technology. Ugh...thank you for the information.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:43 am

amanitadreamer wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:19 pm
So I am gaining donations and soon I will be in a range to afford a spec for measuring the amounts of ibo and musc in caps.
Have you considered a GoFundMe or Kickstarter campaign? Would be great to use their platform to not only raise money for the cause but to raise global awareness.
Cheers from rainy, windy, wintery western WA state!
Primal Northwest
https://www.primalnw.com