Rebis' First Low Recreational Exploration Dose

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Rebis

Rebis' First Low Recreational Exploration Dose

Post by Rebis » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:16 pm

Okay, initially I wasn't going to post the report below. It's from my Amanita diary for three days in January and February 2020 earlier this year.
My ultimate aim is to replicate eventually Donald E. Teeter's experiments with Amanita muscaria. In the meantime I tried some very small doses to experiment with.

Amanita Muscaria Exploratory Recreational Prep & Dose.
Not for microdosing , but three small recreational tea dose experiments
on 29th January, 31st January, & 12th February, 2020.

Aim and Purpose: First ever exploratory dose of 3.5grams.
My ultimate aim, but not for this experiment, is to emulate Donald Teeter and increase the dose to 15grams, but I want a ‘sitter’ for the higher doses, to be on the safe side.
I’m going to take three test doses of 1.gram, 2grams, and a final 3.5g dose on separate days.

Preparations:
First I juiced one whole fresh lemon which produced 75ml of lemon juice.
I used a fresh whole lemon this time for I felt this experiment deserved something better than the usual lemon concentrate out of a bottle.

Weighed out 6.5grams of Amanita Muscaria (from 2nd batch: 29th October, 2019), and re-dehydrated for a couple of hours.
Then simmered the dried AMs for 20 minutes in 250ml of distilled water, till they looked a sorry state all washed out and bleached.
Quite a bit of water had evaporated.
I let it cool in the saucepan.
Pored the tea into a measuring jug, added the lemon juice, and then topped it up with distilled water to make it 300ml total again.

Then I poured the 300ml tea equally into 13 x 50ml plastic bottles.
2 x 50ml bottles = total 1gram worth of AM, to be taken on the first day.
4 x 50ml bottles = total 2 grams worth of AM, to be taken on the second day.
7 x 50ml bottles = total 3.5 grams worth of AM, to be taken on the third day.

(Teeters 3.5gram dose lasted 4.1/2 hours from ingestion, before he was back to normal.)

1st DAY: Wednesday 29th January, 2020. At 15:15hrs I poured out 1. gram of the Amanita Muscaria tea. I added some more boiled hot water in the cup to make it a decent amount to drink, and to make it hot for it was cold by now. I added quite a lot of honey for taste.

Three hours passed, and the effect of the 1.g worth of AM tea was very mild. The best way to describe it is I felt cosy, and that everything looked cosy. It is pretty much the same effect as when I’m just microdosing, just a bit stronger.

This is all good experience for me. I’m quite curious now, to see what tomorrow’s two gram results will be.

2nd DAY: Thursday 31st January 2020. I took four bottles of frozen AM tea from the freezer compartment and let them defrost for a couple of hours.
At 3:15pm pored the tea into a mug and topped it up with hot boiled water, and added honey for taste. The first hour was the same as with the 1.g of AM tea, everything was cosy.

One hour later though, at 4:15pm, I got this sort of rush, like a caffeine rush, but contradictory, I felt like lying down on my bed, which I did and half an hour later got up again, with the chemical rush subsided and everything back to normal cosiness.

Three hours later, at 6:30pm I felt like lying down again on my bed, which I did, and fell asleep for one and a half hours till 8pm, and feeling back to normal again, but still with a sort of cosy atmosphere about, that has sort of never left since I started microdosing.

Like the previous experience, there was no feeling of nausea at any time.

3rd Session: Wednesday 12th February, 2020.
At 4pm took 3.5 grams Amanita tea from the batch made on the 20th January, 2020. Finished the drink at 5pm, at which time a buzz had already kicked in, and feeling cosy.

After two hours, at 6pm, the affect is comparable to having drunk a pint or two of beer, with a nice pressure sensation in the head. I can still walk straight, and do things on the computer. Though, I don’t think I would feel convertible going to the shops, or meeting people, just as I wouldn’t if I was tipsy on beer, I would be slightly concerned that people might notice something strange with my behaviour, though I still would be able to handle it.
I became aware more of my tinnitus I have in one ear, though.
Just as when being drunk there was a kind of fast jerkiness of thought when doing physical things as one does them; which is not unpleasant.

At 6:05pm, as I wrote this report, I got a very pronounced pleasant pressure sensation in my forehead where my pineal gland is. This lasts about half an hour till I stopped noticing it, or forgot about it.

Music sounds nice on the radio, listening to Classic FM.

At 7pm, I read Teeter’s account again of his experience of a 3.5 grams dose (page 28 of ‘Amanita Muscaria; Herb of Immortality). Teeter’s mushrooms must have been more potent than mine, or maybe it was because he didn’t use lemon tek, while I did, or maybe it is because I’ve been microdosing since the 14th of January, but Teeter mentions slight impairment of walking, which I didn’t have, and he felt drowsy and had to lie down and he got extraordinary visual illusions. I didn’t get drowsy with my dose this time, which I did with the smaller dose the previous time.
At 7pm I lay down on my bed for half an hour, to see if I would get the same visuals as Teeter said he did, but I did not get any visuals, though the act of lying down felt strange and mushy in a floaty sort of way while doing so.
Also, when touching, such as rubbing fingers together, smoothing my clothes, or when resting my hands on my chest, the sounds it made sounded very internal as in my body, loud and strong for a while.
Got up again at 7:30pm.

At 8pm I made myself a cup of soup, and a slice of bread with cheese.

At 8:30 I’m still under the influence, though the peak is over, which was between 6pm and 7pm.

At 9:15pm, five and a quarter hours later I’m sort of back to normal again, 45 minutes longer under the influence than Teeter was with his experience.

My sense of smell was stronger throughout my experience.
There was no nausea at any time.
Because with the first two experiments I felt the need to lie down, I would strongly recommend that you do your experiments with a bed at hand.

End of report.
Rebis.
These users thanked the author Rebis for the post:
Mcpato

cheryl74
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Rebis' First Low Recreational Exploration Dose

Post by cheryl74 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:52 am

Thanks for the report. Do you think you will try a higher dose?

Rebis

Post by Rebis » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:41 am

cheryl74 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:52 am
Thanks for the report. Do you think you will try a higher dose?
Yes, eventually, Cheryl, but not just yet.
I would have gone for a higher dose last time but I didn't have enough Amanita muscarias last season to experiment with. I needed enough left over for my microdosing.
I don't know how much higher I will go. I will have to see how strong, or weak, a newly brewed batch will be, though I was thinking maybe about 7 to 10 grams worth without a 'sitter' with me.
Trouble is I don't know anyone I can trust to share this with.

Rebis.

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:15 pm

That be a problem
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this