tracking your Amanita sleep quality with sleep tracking gadgets?

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Matt

tracking your Amanita sleep quality with sleep tracking gadgets?

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:35 am

I've been using Amanita lately to greatly improve my sleep, but I don't have anything to let me measure this objectively. I just feel way better after just a 1/4 tsp or so in a cup of tea before bed.
Has anyone used a sleep tracking device like an Oura ring or a Fitbit to measure the time you spend in deep sleep? If so, does this objectively line up with your subjective experience of improved sleep?
Primal Northwest
https://www.primalnw.com

tgt1002

Re: tracking your Amanita sleep quality with sleep tracking gadgets?

Post by tgt1002 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:03 am

cool idea for an experiment. I would do it but my sleep is not aided by this medicine only thing that gets me to sleep is seroquel sadly. I was hoping this could replace it to some degree but I have yet to get a dosage that does that effectively and any time I try to skip my seroquel when on an amanita experiment night I just end up up most of the night
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:50 pm

tgt1002 wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:03 am
... my sleep is not aided by this medicine only thing that gets me to sleep is seroquel sadly.
I'm a health consultant and a group that is interested in hiring me makes use of a device called NuCalm. This is an electronic gadget that basically puts your brain into a state of deep sleep by modifying your brainwaves. I went looking for an independent review of it and found this interesting.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I haven't tried this device myself, but I'm somewhat afraid to force my brain into a state electronically. But on the other hand, I don't really like the idea of forcing my biology into doing things via pharmaceuticals either.

Just wondering if you'd ever heard of that thing or had tried it yourself or know anyone who has.
Cheers!
Primal Northwest
https://www.primalnw.com

kinoko
Has thanked: 0

Post by kinoko » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:22 pm

I just started using AM tea microdosing and smoking blend. I use Oura ring and track my sleep and HRV. I noticed I get higher HRV with smoking blend. With microdosing tea, there’s definitely sleep pattern difference but they are not consistent. I just started two weeks ago, so I’ll continue tracking to see.

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:27 pm

kinoko wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:22 pm
I just started using AM tea microdosing and smoking blend. I use Oura ring and track my sleep and HRV. I noticed I get higher HRV with smoking blend. With microdosing tea, there’s definitely sleep pattern difference but they are not consistent. I just started two weeks ago, so I’ll continue tracking to see.
What is HRV?
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

kinoko
Has thanked: 0

Post by kinoko » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:40 pm

Heart Rate Variability. When I smoke weed, it gets very low.
These users thanked the author kinoko for the post:
amanitadreamer