cultivating Amanita

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Matt

cultivating Amanita

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:35 pm

I can't imagine I'm the first person to ask this here, but the search function of this forum isn't working.

Does anyone know of a reliable way to cultivate Amanita at home or is she as fickle as the Chanterelles and simply must be found in the wild?
Primal Northwest
https://www.primalnw.com

tgt1002

Re: cultivating Amanita

Post by tgt1002 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:00 pm

it requires a symbiotic relation with a specific kind of tree so what you can do is find them in the wild and make a slurry from fresh specimens and pour that at the base of compatible trees but there is no guarantee it will work as there are many many factors in getting it to fruit and it will take some time to see results.
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

Nomad

Post by Nomad » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:20 pm

I'm also interested in this. I've got a patch with some beautiful specimens, I saw at least 15 beautiful caps of various sizes next to my house.
I am wondering if it's possible to propagate them in a different spot on the property, since I am planning on building something where they currently are.

Donn

Post by Donn » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:48 pm

The organism will be spread out over a considerable space. As long as the trees in your yard live, it will be fine - its home is in their root zones, not where the fruiting bodies (a.k.a. mushrooms) come up.