Amanitas on SSRI’s

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Stato1996
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Amanitas on SSRI’s

Post by Stato1996 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:01 pm

Hi,

I’m fairly new to amanitas in general, I’ve never tried them before but I’ve been doing some research and want to begin micro-dosing with them.

I’ve made some tea following all the proper instructions and am excited to try some for the anti-anxiety properties I’ve read. (I have bad social anxiety)

I’m just slightly concerned about any possible interaction with my SSRI medication, I take 10mg of Citalopram each day.

I understand they act on different receptors so for that reason I see no interaction potential but I’m definitely not an expert.

There’s very little information on this available I wondered if someone could help me out?

Thanks

chrisgreen19
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Amanitas on SSRI’s

Post by chrisgreen19 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:31 pm

Hi i've just read your post and noticed that no-one has replied to you even though you posted in November of 2020. Have you been using Amanita since that post? I had similar concerns to you. I am on SNRI anti-depressants called Effexor. I was anxious about a potential bad interaction if I took Amanita whilst on the medication. However I took a couple of microdoses and had no negative effects so went on to take a full recreational dose and still had no negative effects from the medication and mushrooms. Obviously we are on different medications but i think if you start out with a microdose just to register any negative effects you should be ok. I hope this is of some help to you.

amanitadreamer

Re: Amanitas on SSRI’s

Post by amanitadreamer » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:10 pm

chrisgreen19 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:31 pm
Hi i've just read your post and noticed that no-one has replied to you even though you posted in November of 2020. Have you been using Amanita since that post? I had similar concerns to you. I am on SNRI anti-depressants called Effexor. I was anxious about a potential bad interaction if I took Amanita whilst on the medication. However I took a couple of microdoses and had no negative effects so went on to take a full recreational dose and still had no negative effects from the medication and mushrooms. Obviously we are on different medications but i think if you start out with a microdose just to register any negative effects you should be ok. I hope this is of some help to you.
Amanita affect the GABA and dopamine pathways, not the serotonin pathways.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer