Amanitas with improper conversion, but still dried...still good to use?

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Seanpjw
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Amanitas with improper conversion, but still dried...still good to use?

Post by Seanpjw » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:58 am

Hey peeps! So - I’ve seen a couple posts here about some people getting their amanitas online. I did the same, and went through amanita store...on one users post I saw that they had communicated with the store and was told that the amanitas had been dried for 24 hours in a temperature of 40 degrees Celsius. At this point are they any good to use EVEN if they are cracker dry? From what I’ve read from Amanita Dreamer that temperature doesn’t convert enough of the ibotenic acid. Also If I planned on using them to smoke eventually could they produce any bad side effects? Would it do anymore conversion? Would I be better off making a tea? so many questions...however I did order one of Amanita Dreamers smoke blends to have a more authentic experience before I actually do anything with the ones I ordered. Best to be careful right? Edit: I plan to microdose with these amanita, if this makes any difference.

Donn

Re: Amanitas with improper conversion, but still dried...still good to use?

Post by Donn » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:56 am

You must let us know how it turns out. Use a little judgement and don't load up too much for starters. The knowledge we have around this stuff is not very solid; you can actually help, with one more bit of anecdotal evidence.

If you have a good way to do the heat treatment, I encourage you to try that with some of your material. As you may know, marijuana has a very similar issue with cannabinoids that need to be decarboxylated, e.g. THCA vs. THC, to have effects if eaten rather than smoked. The chemistry is similar - muscimol is decarboxylated ibotenic acid - and the technique is similar, elevated heat for a period of time. The material in that case is as dry as they can get it, so it doesn't seem unlikely at all that your material can also benefit from heat treatment. Please report results.