Microdosing and anxiety?

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Redgirl

Microdosing and anxiety?

Post by Redgirl » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:32 pm

Hello Amanita lovers!

I'm excited to be on this path! I have some history of perinatal trauma, social isolation and bullying experience. I'm on day 3 of microdosing regimen. I bought dried amanitas var. guessowii.

I followed the instructions as per Amanita Dreamer's channel for making the 15g tea (I did it with 14g in fact), with the dried amanitas steeped in lime juice before boiling them for 25 minutes.

1st day : took 1/8 teaspoon straight in the evening. Palpitations and a slight buzz. Slight time disorientation, I woke up at 1:30 am feeling like it was 5 in the morning.

2nd day : during the day, I felt that my focus was sharper, and I felt more motivated. I took 1/4 teaspoon in a lime tea, in the evening. Elevated heart rate and dry mouth. Slight buzz, feeling calmer. Sleep was long and ok.

Today is the 3rd day. I didn't take my 3rd dose yet. I'm not sure what to do because now I am feeling anxious with elevated heart rate.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
These users thanked the author Redgirl for the post:
Zee
"If knowledge is power, then curiosity is the muscle." ~ Danielle Laporte

Zee

Re: Microdosing and anxiety?

Post by Zee » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:18 am

In my opinion, only my opinion, it's better to wait a few days and not dose every day, even with small doses. It seems like the mushroom does a lot of work and this healing takes time. It's one of those cases where more is not equal to better, and faster is not more effective than slower.

This is just my opinion, but it's how it feels to work for me. More than twice a week was too much for me, even very small doses. It feels like the brain needs time to rewire.

If I were you, I would probably wait a week and see how I feel in that time, then decide if I'm ready to continue dosing. While some people do fine with faster doses, I tend to think it's wise to go slowly so you don't hurt yourself or decide to stop using it altogether because the side effects aren't worth it.

(Not saying that's the case for everyone, but it seems to be a common thing for people to want FAST results, rather than the best results, which sometimes happen more slowly over time with natural things.)

I hope this isn't out of line, and obviously I am not an expert.

Redgirl

Post by Redgirl » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:26 am

Thank you Zee for your reply!

I decided to do 4 days of microdosing in a row since I didn't get a reply for my 3rd one. I will skip 1 or more days to see how I feel and decide from there how to dose.

My goal is to do a larger dose (recreational dose) . In order to do that, I understood that I had to microdose 14 days in a row (I now realize that I may be mistaken) then stop for 10 days then 1 recreational dose.

Thank you again!
These users thanked the author Redgirl for the post:
Zee

AmanitaN00b

Post by AmanitaN00b » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:18 pm

@Redgirl How have things been going since? Interested to hear your results as would be looking to do similar.

Also, how long did you steep in lime juice before boiling?
Learning about the magical fly agaric.

Redgirl

Post by Redgirl » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:47 pm

Hi @AmanitaN00b , thanks for asking!

I skipped my 5th day, I was okay :) My heart rate (HR) came back to normal.

On my 6th day I felt anxious and my HR was elevated so I took a 1/8th tsp in the morning. It helped me a bit with my anxiety.

I took 1/4th of a tsp on my 7th day in the morning and I felt a very light "sedation" - I felt as if my anxiety was lessened. My HR stayed elevated though. I'm wondering if I have taken a bit too much...

I'm now on my 8th day today and I didn't take my microdose. I'm feeling anxious and my HR is still elevated. I think I will skip one more day to see how it goes. I'm still in a exploration mode to see what is the best fit for me.

I noticed that I sleep better when I take it in the morning or 2 hours prior to my usual time I go to sleep. When I take it 4 hours before bedtime, I feel that my sleep is less restorative and I get weird dreams.

I steeped the dose in lime juice for 3-4 minutes before pouring the hot water on it.

AmanitaN00b

Post by AmanitaN00b » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:08 pm

Thanks, that's really interesting.

I'm looking to do the same, just nervous about over doing it on when trying to work out the dose.

I know it depends on the strength of the mushrooms, but does anyone know if a teaspoon would ever be too much?
1/4 or 1/8 seems like it would be nothing. I would of course be following @amanitadreamer's tea recipe.

Any help or advice appreciated from anyone doing the same or that has more experience.

Will report back when I get the courage to try this all out.
Learning about the magical fly agaric.

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:41 pm

AmanitaN00b wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:08 pm
Thanks, that's really interesting.

I'm looking to do the same, just nervous about over doing it on when trying to work out the dose.

I know it depends on the strength of the mushrooms, but does anyone know if a teaspoon would ever be too much?
1/4 or 1/8 seems like it would be nothing. I would of course be following @amanitadreamer's tea recipe.

Any help or advice appreciated from anyone doing the same or that has more experience.

Will report back when I get the courage to try this all out.
When I'm okay and just need to microdose, 1/ to 1/4 is perfect. If I feel a little anxiety and not sleeping lately, a quarter to a half is good. If I have full blown anxiety then a full teaspoon. BUT this changes with each batch I make and how long it's been since I used amanita and if I have been smoking it or the circumstances in my life. I have just tossed several tablespoons in a tea and chugged it and got a decent little trip. Danger isn't in the less than teaspoon realm but you don't need to feel loopy to get good results.
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post:
Redgirl
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

Redgirl

Post by Redgirl » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:52 pm

Thanks @amanitadreamer !

You said in your videos that we should ideally microdose every 3 days right? I know I'm a bit too late since I already started it, but I'm asking for anyone who could be having the same question. What would be the best way to start the microdose : whether should we microdose everyday in preparation for a rec dose 3 weeks later (with a 10 day break), or is it best to begin at 1 dose each 3 days right from the beginning?

I noticed that I have anxiety / elevated HR the day after the microdose. Does it mean I took too much (meaning I need to skip more days) or that I need to take it again ?

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:51 pm

Redgirl wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:52 pm
Thanks @amanitadreamer !

You said in your videos that we should ideally microdose every 3 days right? I know I'm a bit too late since I already started it, but I'm asking for anyone who could be having the same question. What would be the best way to start the microdose : whether should we microdose everyday in preparation for a rec dose 3 weeks later (with a 10 day break), or is it best to begin at 1 dose each 3 days right from the beginning?

I noticed that I have anxiety / elevated HR the day after the microdose. Does it mean I took too much (meaning I need to skip more days) or that I need to take it again ?
I can't give that much exact information and ideally it really should be a thing where you listen to your body anyway. I can say, amanita helps anxiety so if you're having anxiety, amanita helps anxiety. I used it every day the first 5 days I took it but I noticed my body telling me I was fine at that point and I waited. It was 3 days before I got anxiety again. Then it was 5 days. Then it was a full week. Then it moved pretty quickly to 2 weeks. But that is me. Each person needs to listen to their body and life situation and other meds, etc...
The purpose of microdosing is to level out the GABA and get some healing in place. And to develop a set point in regards to a personal microdose so one knows where to go and what to expect in dosing macro. And to help create familiarity and comfort with it. And if you believe in this sort of thing, to allow the mushroom voice in so it can help guide you.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer