saving frozen raw amanitas

Feel free to discuss what you want.
amanitagirl
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

saving frozen raw amanitas

Post by amanitagirl » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:03 am

Hello friends! So happy to be here! A friend just brought me a bag of half-frozen half-thawed raw amanitas, and I want to try to save them! They were frozen after picking and then he brought them when they had somewhat thawed. The thawed parts are mush but some parts are still hard. If I re-freeze does anyone think they are save-able? I don’t suppose they could be dried after this but maybe I could use them for raw microdosing? Thanks all for any input to try to save these babies! ☺️

Clarabella
Been thanked: 0

Re: saving frozen raw amanitas

Post by Clarabella » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:15 pm

amanitagirl wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:03 am
Hello friends! So happy to be here! A friend just brought me a bag of half-frozen half-thawed raw amanitas, and I want to try to save them! They were frozen after picking and then he brought them when they had somewhat thawed. The thawed parts are mush but some parts are still hard. If I re-freeze does anyone think they are save-able? I don’t suppose they could be dried after this but maybe I could use them for raw microdosing? Thanks all for any input to try to save these babies! ☺️
Raw microdosing isn't advisable, but you could make a tea according to Amanita Dreamer's instructions and then freeze that to store it, or you could make a tincture. I am curently experimenting with this. I put raw Amanita Muscaria into a sterilized Kilner jar and just cover with 40% proof vodka, let sit for 6 weeks, shaking the jar most days, strained and added citric acid to convert the ibotenic acid into muscimol. Then split into sterilised dropper bottles for storage. I'm literally just experimenting with this and will post the results in this forum when I'm done. The tea might be the safest option if you've not microdosed before. Make sure you add lemon juice or citric acid because if you are using raw or air dried shrooms, you have converted zero ibo to musc and making the tea only converts 30%. Have you watched AD's vids?

Hope helpful :)