Duloxentine, gabapentin, and amanita?

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Fen
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Duloxentine, gabapentin, and amanita?

Post by Fen » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:15 am

Hello, new here and just starting research into amanita muscaria. Got depression, anxiety and chronic pain. I’m interested in experiences from other folks who have been on or are currently on the same meds I’m on, which is gabapentin and duloxetine (generic name cymbalta), who tried amanita. I don’t know all the chemistry going on with muscaria yet but I’ve seen mentions of serotonin being affected. I don’t completely remember the specifics but before getting on the meds I’m on now, I was on Wellbutrin briefly which went weirdly for me. Had my very first panic attack on that. To my understanding Wellbutrin effects serotonin? So my main concerns presently can be broken down into two questions:

1. Should I be concerned about amanita muscaria affecting me the same way that Wellbutrin did?
2. How does muscaria interact with the meds I’m currently on?

I’d prefer answers from folks who are also on the same meds or were in the past. Thanks a bundle!

amanitadreamer

Re: Duloxentine, gabapentin, and amanita?

Post by amanitadreamer » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:43 pm

Fen wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:15 am
Hello, new here and just starting research into amanita muscaria. Got depression, anxiety and chronic pain. I’m interested in experiences from other folks who have been on or are currently on the same meds I’m on, which is gabapentin and duloxetine (generic name cymbalta), who tried amanita. I don’t know all the chemistry going on with muscaria yet but I’ve seen mentions of serotonin being affected. I don’t completely remember the specifics but before getting on the meds I’m on now, I was on Wellbutrin briefly which went weirdly for me. Had my very first panic attack on that. To my understanding Wellbutrin effects serotonin? So my main concerns presently can be broken down into two questions:

1. Should I be concerned about amanita muscaria affecting me the same way that Wellbutrin did?
2. How does muscaria interact with the meds I’m currently on?

I’d prefer answers from folks who are also on the same meds or were in the past. Thanks a bundle!
Muscimol in amanita does not affect the Serotonin it works mainly on the GABA pathways and Dopamine.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer