Benzo withdrawl

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Zyym
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Benzo withdrawl

Post by Zyym » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:53 am

Hi guys I’m currently enduring a horrific intolerable benzo taper.
Has anyone else here had Success with tapering using the mushroom as an aid / replaceMent?
Also how is AmanitaS effect on GABA different then say alcohol which also effects the GABA receptors but Is off limits in in tapering?

Thanks

Chernp

Re: Benzo withdrawl

Post by Chernp » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:37 am

All I know is that Amanita effects the gaba A receptor while benzo pills affect the gaba C receptors.

Here is a super interesting study to look into for Muscimol and benzo withdrawal.

MML also exhibits promising properties. Research has shown that MML is potent GABAA agonist and binds directly to the δ subunit on the GABA binding site [63]. Stimulating the δ subunit is unique for MML since none of our other medications activated this isoform. In addition, MML is not an allosteric modulator and does not induce tolerance like the BZDs, yet interestingly produces similar effects [63]. If gabapentinoids and MML were used together, their pharmacology may benefit GABAA conformation normalization. Since MML is a GABAA agonist and gabapentinoids increase extrasynaptic GABA levels, their combined actions may alleviate withdrawal symptoms. Increased GABA concentrations and a GABAA agonist may stimulate the GABAA receptor enough to allow its gating structure to return to its normal state. 

Here is an important key

Muscimol does not induce tolerance like the Benzodiazepen, yet interestingly produces similar effects

Super interesting research article below

https://www.genesispub.org/restoration- ... a-analysis
Last edited by Chernp on Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chernp

Re: Benzo withdrawl

Post by Chernp » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:45 am

I just finished a 6 month taper 3 months ago after 12 years on klonopin. Found out about amanita only a month ago but can already see how it's helping me heal the shitty lingering withdrawal symptoms. It seems to be helping my nervous system "stabilize" quicker with microdosing tea. I'd say give it a try.