Drying does not convert ibotenic acid into Muscimol!

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Chernp
Has thanked: 0

Drying does not convert ibotenic acid into Muscimol!

Post by Chernp » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:00 am

Studies are showing that only boiling converts ibotenic acid to Muscimol.

Here is the details someone posted in reddit

These users thanked the author Chernp for the post (total 2):
Amanita ResearchFinrobin111

Zopphire

Re: Drying does not convert ibotenic acid into Muscimol!

Post by Zopphire » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:14 pm

I saw someone post about the importance of Ph and boiling on the shroomery years ago and thought it was incredibly significant, and that no one knew. I could never find the post.

So glad the forum exists and people are interested in amanita. Thanks for posting the link!

Chernp

Post by Chernp » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:11 pm

Yeah this is a pretty important topic

I am still not 100% sure how to approach this

Amanita dreamer suggests simmering them and that boiling will damage it a bit. And if it's been working for her then why boil but this research suggests that we could be harming ourselves by not boiling properly so I would really like to understand this

Amanita dreamers input would be welcomed here

Saw another article on reddit as well

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:41 pm

Chernp wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:11 pm
Yeah this is a pretty important topic

I am still not 100% sure how to approach this

Amanita dreamer suggests simmering them and that boiling will damage it a bit. And if it's been working for her then why boil but this research suggests that we could be harming ourselves by not boiling properly so I would really like to understand this

Amanita dreamers input would be welcomed here

Saw another article on reddit as well

I've left links to all the articles that reference this. The Trent Austin Patent is the most recent. Drying converts 30%, simmering converts another 30 and you get very little conversion after 30 minutes and lemon tek (acid) converts another 30. The person getting this high anxiety reaction is not converting. If they bought some already dried, they weren't dried at heat so all you can do is simmer the full 30 and then add lemon. You can also use citric acid, same as lemon but very sour. DMSO can convert but it tastes like ass and makes you smell really bad for days. And the bacteria and fermentation converts. All this is covered in my video on the Austin Patent.
Pay attention to the dates of your research. Much of what we thought we knew about this mushroom has been changed and new information learned more recently with the newer technology. Things from the 1970's are useless, some from the 1990's is useful but work on dates using most recent when possible.
The boiling for 3 hours is old information, citric acid is the same as lemon and works no matter when you add it. But if you're afraid you're not doing any harm boiling the shit out of it and using citric acid. I tell people not to boil because if you walk away from it it can boil down rapidly. I try to remember my audience, mental health issues, executive function issues, etc...
I am working to get an interview with Dr. Austin on my channel soon.
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post:
greenjalopy
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

Chernp

Post by Chernp » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:49 am

Ok great. Thanks for the clarification