Beautiful timelapse of amanita muscaria growing !

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Redgirl

Beautiful timelapse of amanita muscaria growing !

Post by Redgirl » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:20 am

I came across this beautiful video of a timelapse of AM growing :) Enjoy!

These users thanked the author Redgirl for the post (total 2):
Zarabigsalisr
"If knowledge is power, then curiosity is the muscle." ~ Danielle Laporte

tgt1002

Re: Beautiful timelapse of amanita muscaria growing !

Post by tgt1002 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:29 pm

that is very pretty
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

Amanitanaut
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Beautiful timelapse of amanita muscaria growing !

Post by Amanitanaut » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:45 am

Interesting.

I now realise some of the damage on them is due to the growing process itself.

Last week I watched two mosquitos/nymphs flitting in and out of a pockmark on the flesh.

They seemed to be having such a good time I couldn't touch the mushroom. I might be a bit daft
though, I can find more reasons not to pick one than I can to gently work the cap from the stem.

I feel like I'm robbing a mushroom of life experience if I pick one too early and don't want to be
eyeballing worms if I pick a geriatric. We may have been given dominion over plants and animals
but the act of separating cap from stem momentarily grieves me. I'm almost a bubbling mess
when I have to terminate a cannabis plant, I actually place my face into the plant, inhale, apologise
for what I'm about to do and promise God I'll honour the plants sacrifice. Then make my cut.

Often, to atone for taking a mushroom, I'll brush cruft off the top of another one or move some twigs
so it gets to see more of the world. I mock myself aloud too, for these foibles, but I have to feel good
about what I'm doing. I touch certain trees as a form of greeting but won't approach a tree if I sense
it wouldn't appreciate the incursion.

I was picking mushrooms today along a path I call Soma Way when it began to rain. I'd already picked
a satisfactory number so I said to the dog `the rain is a sign that God thinks I have enough for today'.
I did see several more on my way out that were my kinda mushroom but I kept my promise and continued
walking. As I got to the edge of the forest and could see my car, I told the dog I had passed God's test.

Then 1/2 a second later it absolutely pissed down. As I opened the car door, now waterlogged, I figured
Someone had decided I needed to learn a little humility.