Combining Amanita with Breathwork

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Happy Russell
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Combining Amanita with Breathwork

Post by Happy Russell » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:57 pm

Hi guys
Breathing exercises and this mushroom have given me a new sense of control over my body and mind and I would like to understand why. I have started a course as a breathwork instructor and I feel that both breathwork and this mushroom are linked in the profound changes I have been experiencing. I wanted to share my thoughts and to hear if anyone thinks I'm on the mark here. Also if anyone can point me to studies that either refute or support my claims that would be really helpful as I want to be a science based breathwork practitioner. This means taking the hippy jargon out so i can present breathwork in a way that my sceptical friends at the pub can relate to.

The reason for micro dosing and why I started breathwork was both because I wanted to get my body and mind under control. The mind is constantly seeking comfort and while being in lockdown this comfort seeking impulse left me with no desire to exercise, keep up with my chores or meditate. Breathwork (especially long sessions of deep breathing) causes positive stress on the body. This is called hormetic stress. There doesn't seem to be a lot of data on the psychological benefits of deliberately introducing stress, though there is a lot for physical benefits. My thinking is that by breathing or through taking this mushroom, we will be causing stress that takes the body and mind out of it's comfort routine and acts as a catalyst to produce new neural pathways. An example we may be familiar with is experiencing something devastating. The experience itself doesn't cause depression. The experience is just the catalyst that shocked the mind. It's the thinking that was constantly reenforcing new neural pathways that caused the depression it by us saying things to ourselves like "what did i do to deserve this?" "what will I do without this person?" "why am I never good enough?" etc. The shock is the catalyst and practicing negative thinking creates this new paradigm.
If what I've said so far is correct then could it be that through breathwork and using amanita we can introduce hormetic stress to our body and consciously incept new neural pathways into our brain? This could bring about positive change by thinking "I can get out of bed" "I will exercise today" "I am whole" or whatever you feel you need to manifest.

Anyone that can help me make sense of my thoughts and provide evidence either for or against my claims will be greatly appreciated.