My recipe for am-wine

Feel free to discuss what you want.
amanitalover

My recipe for am-wine

Post by amanitalover » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:58 am

I made a AM wine. Simply as a means to preserve without a freezer for microdosing.

30grams dried am made into 5 liters wine. But obviously, you can scale to whatever quantity.

First I made a starter with normal store-bought apple-juice.
150gr sugar
1,5 teaspoon yeast food. Yeast nutrient salt, or a handfull of raisins, welled in hot water, washed and chopped up real small.
1,5 teaspoon (champagne) yeast. But any kind of (dried) yeast for making bread will also do.
150gr lemonjuice. or lime. (store-bought in those funky plastic yellow lemons)
1,5L applejuice

STARTER
Put the starter in a container with an airlock, so air can get out, but not come in. If you don't have a propper airlock, search online on how to use a condom for this purpose.
Leave the starter on normal room temperature (=21C) for a few days. In max 3-5 days you will see activity. When you shake, it will foam a bit.

TEA
Next, make the am-tea from 30grams dried am in 1,5L water. The optimal PH is 2,7 (see elsewhere on this forum). For that I added 130gr lemonjuice (store-bought). So thats 87,5gr per liter. That measured 2,7 acidity with a titration kit. Please note, acidity is not strictly the same a PH level, and the PH in bought lemonjuice migth vary in different brands. So I'm still not entirely sure I got the right PH level, but this is the strongest am-tea I ever made, so I guess I'm pretty close. If anyone has a propper PH meter, please test different brands of lemon juices and post back.
Simmered for 30min. (So first add the lemon juice, then simmer to make the tea).

WINE
Disolve 930gr sugar in the tea. A blender could help with that. Carefull, this might foam a LOT.
Add (about) 450gr lemon juice to get acidity up to 6. Let it cool down to room temp. Add the starter. Add 3gr of yeast nutrient salt (again, alternative is raisins). Put it a container with an airlock. After 2 weeks and after 2 months, do siphon to get the clear wine and discard of the sludge at the bottom. No need to wait before consuming it for that long. You can use it even when its still mainly sugarwater.

DOSAGE
Just like when you get a new batch of shrooms, DO test first in low dosage to find which works for you. Shrooms might vary in strength. Microdose might be 5ml (=5gr). So real strong medicine this.
These users thanked the author amanitalover for the post (total 2):
LoyoSummerElse

tgt1002

Re: My recipe for am-wine

Post by tgt1002 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:53 pm

This is really cool. I have made mead before and always planned on doing a batch of ginger beer infused with amanita but never got round to it
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

amanitalover

Re: My recipe for am-wine

Post by amanitalover » Sat May 29, 2021 8:57 am

[update]
Wine is done! Almost 3 months later. Its been inactive for at least a month, gravity is 1000, so ended up with 12%.
There was some floating on top and very little sediment at the bottom. Not clear at all. So not ideal when only 12%.

Next time I would definately first make some alcohol, wait till its all done and then add the sugared tea. I would make the starter, but then more sweet, or a basic sugar-wine (finnish Kilju). That would take about 2-3 weeks. The sugared tea should be equally sweetened.
With a decent yeast 16-18% would be much better for preserving.
These users thanked the author amanitalover for the post:
Loyo