Soma's Return

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Mcpato

Soma's Return

Post by Mcpato » Thu May 20, 2021 7:50 pm

@amanitadreamer has proposed that Soma is basically an amanita ferment based on Yogurt, and will hopefully soon be showing us her methods. I've been following this discovery with absolute excitement! Am I alone in feeling that this is literally one of the greatest returns of lost knowledge in human history? The "soma cults" thrived and worshiped this drink for literally thousands of years! Hardly a peep from anyone at all about this. anyone else forging ahead with making their own? I work with the "fleece" almost entirely and am very excited to make a Soma using its ambrosia, but I'm nervous to start until I see how she does it! i have the raw milk to start, just waiting for the right moment...
Thank you @amanitadreamer for gifting us this divine gift. I feel like this "revelation" is the harbinger of amazing changes ahead. It is revolutionary at its core. This knowledge was purposefully wiped off the earth, only to come back now, thousands of years later... I'm in awe. I just wanted to say something because I got tired of waiting for someone else to say it! So looking forward to more videos on the true Soma!!
These users thanked the author Mcpato for the post:
Radagast

amanitadreamer

Re: Soma's Return

Post by amanitadreamer » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:30 pm

Mcpato wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 7:50 pm
@amanitadreamer has proposed that Soma is basically an amanita ferment based on Yogurt, and will hopefully soon be showing us her methods. I've been following this discovery with absolute excitement! Am I alone in feeling that this is literally one of the greatest returns of lost knowledge in human history? The "soma cults" thrived and worshiped this drink for literally thousands of years! Hardly a peep from anyone at all about this. anyone else forging ahead with making their own? I work with the "fleece" almost entirely and am very excited to make a Soma using its ambrosia, but I'm nervous to start until I see how she does it! i have the raw milk to start, just waiting for the right moment...
Thank you @amanitadreamer for gifting us this divine gift. I feel like this "revelation" is the harbinger of amazing changes ahead. It is revolutionary at its core. This knowledge was purposefully wiped off the earth, only to come back now, thousands of years later... I'm in awe. I just wanted to say something because I got tired of waiting for someone else to say it! So looking forward to more videos on the true Soma!!
Thanks! I am so excited about it also. I have it on my calendar to upload in the middle of the month on the WEBITE since YT is heavily censoring me. I did Soma and have that on video also and it's uploading the middle of June also.
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post (total 2):
McpatoRadagast
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

mycophant
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by mycophant » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:58 pm

So is the theory that during the production of soma, lactic acid bacteria convert the IB to muscimol? Producing a high ratio of IB/musc. ? Or could there potentially be new compounds being made?

Or have I missed something

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:23 pm

mycophant wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:58 pm
So is the theory that during the production of soma, lactic acid bacteria convert the IB to muscimol? Producing a high ratio of IB/musc. ? Or could there potentially be new compounds being made?

Or have I missed something
Yeah, that's the gist of it. If there are other things involved I don't know. The experience was very sublime and wonderful and also out of body. I am uploading the using video on Saturday June 12!
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
YouTube Amanita Dreamer

MysticMycelium108

Post by MysticMycelium108 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:26 am

I am working on a batch of vegan soma from coconut milk fermented with lacto bacteria. Inspired by Amanita Dreamers videos and the Fly Agaric Compendium. I will update on here how it goes. Currently in the process of growing the culture.

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:29 pm

Mcpato wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 7:50 pm
I've uploaded the How To Make Soma video on the website.
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post (total 2):
McpatoMysticMycelium108
YouTube Amanita Dreamer

MysticMycelium108

Post by MysticMycelium108 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:38 am

Thanks @amanitadreamer ,Great Video!! Thanks for sharing the knowledge. Love the cat too. I am about to add the amanita to the culture. This is so exciting! I was at a cow sanctuary for a few months, they were Hare Krishnas and always working with the milk. As a vegan, don't really ever drink milk, but that was the only milk I felt comfortable drinking, and it was awesome. I tried some of the fresh yogurt as well and it was delicious. I could totally see the integration of this medicine in a spiritual community. Im curious if this would work with goat milk as well. When I go back to Hawaii I will use fresh coconuts to make milk, add a pure culture, and create a vegan tropical soma. I love the ideas from the video of adding fruit. At the cow sanctuary I had lassi with fresh fruit and yogurt and it was super amazing. I would be down to try this if I was in the presence of some respected and loved cows, and also with the coconut milk. I was tripping the other day and the first thing I had to eat all day was the coconut milk yogurt I was culturing, and it was the best thing I ever had! my body just absolutely loved it and it felt so nourishing. My stomach felt great form the bacteria and I felt deep love from the coconut. I really think yogurts medicinal value for the body it a contributor of what makes soma so wonderful. The natural fats from the milk, bacteria culture for the gut, spiritual state of the amanita, as well as the medicinal value of the mushroom!! Can't wait to try it! <3

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:24 pm

@amanitadreamer

Thank you so so much for forging ahead with Soma and sharing with us!!! No one will really appreciate your contribution until they understand the ramifications of this discovery, and that may take a long time... It's so huge, I'm almost in a state of disbelief about it... Its so simple, so perfect, so beautiful. And apparently "Sooo Gooood!!!" I got chills watching because I could see the parallels for my own works!

How much ibotenic acid/muscimol is lost from the drying process of the amanita? Would making a tea from a fresh mushroom be many times more potent because of the lack of loss from drying? Sure it would mostly be ibotenic acid... But that is a moot point anymore right? I know that sanitization is a concern, but the fermentation process is a purifying process, and the cultures we want will almost certainly outpace any "bad" things. Personally I would probably feel safe consuming raw amanita fermented in raw milk until a yogurt like state was achieved, but thats just me... So much potential to explore here. Not just strength of Soma but flavors as well. I hope people will help us explore the possibilities of Soma!

I would also like to add that I've used buttermilk for the live lactobacillus cultures present. Its easy to buy a small amount of it, use it, leave a small amount, throw regular pasturized/homogenized milk into its jug and set on the counter until thickened. I believe it would work as well and is slightly easier to get than raw milk, but the taste will likely be more sour and might not be as tasty as using raw milk.

The breadlike smell is likely the yeasts making alcohol, I'm guessing. Since alcohol IS the smell of bread! How exciting!

So much I could talk about here, but I just want to thank you, and say that this truly is one of the most monumental rediscoveries of lost ancient knowledge ever... Thousands and thousands of years worshipped as a literal God, then lost to us... And now so quietly returned to us... Feel the gravity of that... My soul sings in gratitude!

researcher22

Post by researcher22 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:30 pm

Mcpato wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:24 pm
How much ibotenic acid/muscimol is lost from the drying process of the amanita? Would making a tea from a fresh mushroom be many times more potent because of the lack of loss from drying? Sure it would mostly be ibotenic acid... But that is a moot point anymore right?
From Tsunoda's "Changes In Ibotenic Acid" paper as best I can understand it appears that drying destroys 95% of the ibotenic acid and converts 5%. This is a shocking high amount of destruction! I find these papers a bit difficult to understand, but that is what it appears. If I'm understanding this correctly that makes me suspect that fresh mushroom that was never heated and only used with GAD fermentation would produce a lot of muscimol.

However, fresh mushroom is not easy to come by as it will not be fresh for long. I suppose one could instead pick the mushrooms and immediately put them in jars with the fermenting bacteria. Then, later the mushroom could be removed and the resulting liquid could be stored. It may not go bad due to the high lactic acid content.

The mushroom may not even need to be removed. The issue is getting sufficient lactic acid content by having high levels of lactic acid forming bacteria in the fermentation process. If I understand from the patent ingesting the mushroom may not be good though as we cannot digest that fiber. Though, people often don't worry about mushrooms fiber, so I'm not sure.
Mcpato wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:24 pm
I know that sanitization is a concern, but the fermentation process is a purifying process, and the cultures we want will almost certainly outpace any "bad" things. Personally I would probably feel safe consuming raw amanita fermented in raw milk until a yogurt like state was achieved, but thats just me... So much potential to explore here. Not just strength of Soma but flavors as well. I hope people will help us explore the possibilities of Soma!
The question I have is about skipping the tea process and just putting the dried mushroom right into fermentation. This may give higher yields because it skips another destructive stage of conversion. As far as I can tell GAD fermentation is not destructive. I think the heator acid and additive process may not be necessary at all because I think the GAD can convert just fine by itself much better than the rather brute force approach of using heat. The heating / acid/ drying was used to convert because it skipped using any GAD fermentation. GAD fermentation was my preferred choice from reading the patent.

In order to do GAD fermentation I do not think raw milk needs to be used; no milk at all. Just something with lots of lactic acid producing bacteria. There are many fermented food products that use lactic acid bacteria. One can also easily buy lactic acid fermenting bacteria at the pharmacy. These bacteria do not need milk to grow. A single capsule can have 20 billion colony forming units. These bacteria only need sugar to grow and that sugar doesn't have to be lactose. It can be sucrose.

So, you could probably take a bunch of this lactic acid bacteria. Pour it into a 32 oz mason jar with spring water 3/4 full which is free of chlorine and chloramine. Melt 1/4 cup of sugar on the stove into the water first. Add a pinch of baking soda or sea salt for minerals. Give it 48 to 72 hours to grow and eat up the sugar so it grows in numbers. Then add the dried mushroom so there is lots of healthy bacteria in there first so nothing goes bad from whatever bacteria is on the mushroom. Give the good bacteria a big head start. This is a starter culture. There will already be high levels of lactic acid in there to inhibit bad bacteria.

Then, however long it takes for the GAD to do its work. I know the patent had a specific time, but it was temperature incubated higher than room temperature to speed it up. I thought it would make sense to powder the mushroom, but amanita dreamer does not say to do that, and also you will end up eating the mushroom fiber, which the patent says can cause indigestion. I'm not exactly sure when/why this happens as people eat mushrooms all the time. So, I need some clarification on that. Also, removing the mushroom may preserve the liquid better. But, this liquid will go bad. But, if you compare this to things like Kimchi, I'm reading that can last 2-3 years in the fridge, so this may last that long too.

Other than using bacteria purchased from the pharmacy one could also use a more traditional source like water kefir grains. This can be bought from many sources and the process is just the same. Water kefir is also supposed to be very beneficial and "kefir" means "feel good" in Turkish. These bacteria and yeast in water kefir may be beneficial for proper immune and neurological function.

The only other issue I have with not making a tea out of the dried mushroom is concern for anything that could be in that mushroom. Do they have parasites or anything else nasty living in there. For certain things the lactic acid and the healthy bacteria could kill that stuff off, but for others perhaps not.

Either way, I would very much like to try using water kefir instead of raw milk to try to make soma. Again, my big question is do we really need to be making the dried mushroom into tea first? I think the GAD can convert by itself based on the patent. I don't think the Vedas talk about making tea first either.

researcher22

Post by researcher22 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:25 am

I found a paper that describes the sugars which are preferred by Lactobacillus bacteria. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... via%3Dihub

glucose ⩾ fructose > sucrose ⩾ lactose > galactose

So, using dextrose (glucose) should be ideal. It is relatively inexpensive as well. I would avoid acidophilus which was used in the study though as other research I am familiar with shows it to have negative health consequences. A well studied strain with good health effects is LGG (lactobacilus rhomnosus GG / LGG) and is available at pharmacies. This can also avoid any fructose and lactose consumption for those who want to avoid those sugars, though complete fermentation can also avoid this. To check remaining sugar levels, a sugar refractometer can be purchased relatively inexpensively as well.