What uncomfortable/scary experiences should I be prepared for when taking Amanita?

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Zara
Been thanked: 0

What uncomfortable/scary experiences should I be prepared for when taking Amanita?

Post by Zara » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:20 pm

Hi all,

In her recent free workshop "Mushroom Magic", @amanitadreamer mentioned some potentially "scary" effects of fly agaric.

These include:

• thought loops

• sleep paralysis

• moments of vision loss/blackness

What other subjective effects would you add to this list? What might the average person find discomfiting?

Why I'm asking this:

Just so you know, I'm not intending to disrespect the mushroom by taking foolish amounts of it. I'm currently on Day 4 of @amanitadreamer's microdosing protocol. I'm very slowly building up to take my first ever macrodose, and only after that will I try a recreational dose.

I know nobody can tell me exactly what kind of ride I'm in for. But still, it helps to know a little of what to expect.

For example, imagine someone who has never heard of sleep paralysis. They might experience it for the first time in their life (after taking a rec dose) and then panic. But what if someone had advised them beforehand that Amanita might temporarily induce such a state? My guess is they'd freak out far less.

So please, do share your experiences so I can go in with as much knowledge as possible.

Thank you everyone. Much love <3

AmanitaN00b

Re: What uncomfortable/scary experiences should I be prepared for when taking Amanita?

Post by AmanitaN00b » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:27 pm

I'd like to know more about this too. The most I've ever taken is probably around 1-2g as a tea before.

I'd love to know what effect 5g's of tea would produce. I know potency is different, everyone is different, etc.
If we've been microdosing on and off for months, would 5g of tea be relatively safe?

From reading a lot of posts it looks like sleep paralysis/blackness would happen in the 6-10g+ range. Is this correct?
Learning about the magical fly agaric.

Zara

Re: What uncomfortable/scary experiences should I be prepared for when taking Amanita?

Post by Zara » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:23 pm

AmanitaN00b wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:27 pm
I'd like to know more about this too. The most I've ever taken is probably around 1-2g as a tea before.

I'd love to know what effect 5g's of tea would produce. I know potency is different, everyone is different, etc.
If we've been microdosing on and off for months, would 5g of tea be relatively safe?

From reading a lot of posts it looks like sleep paralysis/blackness would happen in the 6-10g+ range. Is this correct?
Hi AmanitaN00b. I'd love to know what your experience was like at 1-2g? I'll be the first to admit maths is not my strong point, but if my calculations are correct, the microdoses I'm currently taking are over fifteen times less potent than a 1g dose. So I feel I have a lot to learn from you!

AmanitaN00b

Post by AmanitaN00b » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:35 pm

Zara wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:23 pm
Hi AmanitaN00b. I'd love to know what your experience was like at 1-2g? I'll be the first to admit maths is not my strong point, but if my calculations are correct, the microdoses I'm currently taking are over fifteen times less potent than a 1g dose. So I feel I have a lot to learn from you!
1-2g is a relaxing dose for me, seems safe. One time it made me feel slightly drunk so the batch must have been slightly stronger. Sometimes it feels like having a beer (but nicer). A couple of times I’ve also felt a wave of energy hit me, made my body feel tingly for a few seconds, like a flush, but nicer.

I also sometimes see faint patters/faces/shapes when I go to bed after I’ve had a dose in the evening, more so when I started than now. I always sleep well on it. Sometimes I have vivid dreams.

I’ve only been doing this for 6 months on and off so am still feel like I have so much to learn.
Keen to go a little further, but not too far.
These users thanked the author AmanitaN00b for the post:
Zara

Zara

Post by Zara » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:10 pm

AmanitaN00b wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:35 pm
Zara wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:23 pm
1-2g is a relaxing dose for me, seems safe. One time it made me feel slightly drunk so the batch must have been slightly stronger. Sometimes it feels like having a beer (but nicer). A couple of times I’ve also felt a wave of energy hit me, made my body feel tingly for a few seconds, like a flush, but nicer.

I also sometimes see faint patters/faces/shapes when I go to bed after I’ve had a dose in the evening, more so when I started than now. I always sleep well on it. Sometimes I have vivid dreams.

I’ve only been doing this for 6 months on and off so am still feel like I have so much to learn.
Keen to go a little further, but not too far.
Ah, interesting! I also get a little tingly sometimes, even on my microdose, but it's subtle enough that I question whether it could be psychological. I guess I'd need a stronger dose to tell.

I just read one of your macrodose experiences in another thread. I've been reading about liminal dreaming recently, and I thought you might find it an interesting topic if you get visions while you are lying in bed with your eyes closed. :)

AmanitaN00b

Post by AmanitaN00b » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:26 pm

Oh thanks, will read up on liminal dreaming and see if it matches up!

Love hearing about other people’s experiences with Amanita, seems like there’s not enough of that on here…