First time AM microdose, uncertain of prep

Feel free to discuss what you want.
delaoic
Has thanked: 0

First time AM microdose, uncertain of prep

Post by delaoic » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:55 am

Hello,
This is my first time trying AM (and posting here). I'm hoping that Amanita Muscaria may help with my anxiety, pain, and depression. The only medication I take for those is medical cannabis. Below is how I prepped, my first time experience, and several questions I hope someone can answer.

Tea Prep:
1) Chopped up (rough) 15g dried (already from mfg/vendor) Siberia AM.
2) Placed in silicone decarb box in oven. Temperature monitored for 30 minutes at 162-168F.
3) Simmered in ~1cup distilled water for 20 minutes. Added 1tsp of lime juice about 5 minutes before filtering (I forgot what, how, or even if I should add anything like this).
4} Strained through 190 micron filter, then through a coffee filter.
5} Tea placed in freezer.

Experience:
1) Dose - 1/8 tsp of tea, drank with small glass of water.
2) Head feels flushed after 15min, with slight energy increase.
3) After 40 minutes, lots of energy and focus.
4) After 1 hour, I feel rubbery, which feels great on my joints and muscles. (very) Minor visuals.
5) Still feel it, but not as intense after 3 hours. Not really relaxed, but feel good.
6) Still slightly energized after 6 hours.

Notes:
1) Some minor stomach discomfort a few times.
2) Noticed tendency to want to clench my jaw.
3) Some physical sensations remind me of lsd.
4) Was grinning the whole time. :D I felt very positive, and uplifted.
5) This felt quite strong at times, like I wasn't too far from tripping.
6) Come down is okay, and doesn't feel like a hangover.

Question :
1) Does my tea prep sound okay? Is there anything else I should do with it (ex: throw it out, simmer it again, add more lime/lemon, etc.)
2) Will my tea prep last in the freezer? If so, for how long?
3) Anything else I can do with the tea? Ex: balms, gummies, etc.
4) Does my experience sound like too much ibotenic acid (stomach discomfort, high energy, jaw clench, etc.) ? If so, is there something I can do to the tea? Or, is my experience typical?
5) Any recommendations on how to proceed from here on microdosing?

Overall, I really enjoyed this, and still feel very uplifted hours after effects wore off.
Also, I had no idea I would actually enjoy the smell of the mushrooms. :D Truly, I'm surprised.

Thank you for taking the time. I'm excited to learn more about this fungi, and I'm hoping it can help me and others I know that truly need relief.
Delaoic
These users thanked the author delaoic for the post:
SummerElse

amanitadreamer

Re: First time AM microdose, uncertain of prep

Post by amanitadreamer » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:14 pm

delaoic wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:55 am
Hello,
This is my first time trying AM (and posting here). I'm hoping that Amanita Muscaria may help with my anxiety, pain, and depression. The only medication I take for those is medical cannabis. Below is how I prepped, my first time experience, and several questions I hope someone can answer.

Tea Prep:
1) Chopped up (rough) 15g dried (already from mfg/vendor) Siberia AM.
2) Placed in silicone decarb box in oven. Temperature monitored for 30 minutes at 162-168F.
3) Simmered in ~1cup distilled water for 20 minutes. Added 1tsp of lime juice about 5 minutes before filtering (I forgot what, how, or even if I should add anything like this).
4} Strained through 190 micron filter, then through a coffee filter.
5} Tea placed in freezer.

Experience:
1) Dose - 1/8 tsp of tea, drank with small glass of water.
2) Head feels flushed after 15min, with slight energy increase.
3) After 40 minutes, lots of energy and focus.
4) After 1 hour, I feel rubbery, which feels great on my joints and muscles. (very) Minor visuals.
5) Still feel it, but not as intense after 3 hours. Not really relaxed, but feel good.
6) Still slightly energized after 6 hours.

Notes:
1) Some minor stomach discomfort a few times.
2) Noticed tendency to want to clench my jaw.
3) Some physical sensations remind me of lsd.
4) Was grinning the whole time. :D I felt very positive, and uplifted.
5) This felt quite strong at times, like I wasn't too far from tripping.
6) Come down is okay, and doesn't feel like a hangover.

Question :
1) Does my tea prep sound okay? Is there anything else I should do with it (ex: throw it out, simmer it again, add more lime/lemon, etc.)
2) Will my tea prep last in the freezer? If so, for how long?
3) Anything else I can do with the tea? Ex: balms, gummies, etc.
4) Does my experience sound like too much ibotenic acid (stomach discomfort, high energy, jaw clench, etc.) ? If so, is there something I can do to the tea? Or, is my experience typical?
5) Any recommendations on how to proceed from here on microdosing?

Overall, I really enjoyed this, and still feel very uplifted hours after effects wore off.
Also, I had no idea I would actually enjoy the smell of the mushrooms. :D Truly, I'm surprised.

Thank you for taking the time. I'm excited to learn more about this fungi, and I'm hoping it can help me and others I know that truly need relief.
Delaoic

Thanks for sharing all that. You're the only other person I know of to use the small amount I use and get this much reaction from it. I wonder if the ones you got are the 2021 recent harvest. Your prep is fine except the oven thing. Since they are dry, no decarb is happening so you can skip that step. I know that some of the negative reactions you had with gastric issues is an ibotenic acid issue but your decarb was fine. If you decide to recreationally dose, use the raw milk method or a long boil which so far, the science does not support but people are saying it is a full decarb. I have yet to make it and use it but it's on my list.
Microdosing shouldn't give you that much of a reaction but maybe since it's your first time, it's hitting harder, that's cool.
I have answers to all your questions on my website at AmanitaDreamer.net.
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post:
SummerElse
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

delaoic

Post by delaoic » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:11 pm

Thank you very much for your response AmanitaDreamer. I think I'll try to long boil my frozen tea with lemon juice.

Miri
Been thanked: 0

Post by Miri » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:42 am

I am also a first time micro doser using Amanita Dreamers tea recipe 1/4 tsp in herbal tea. i am also experiencing a little stomach discomfort and jaw clenching but unfortunately i am not experiencing increased energy or overall well being as yet. I was a weed smoker but stopped about 2 weeks ago when I started micro dosing. I am hoping to feel less anxious soon.
If you are taking anti depressant meds is it a good idea to wean yourself off when micro dosing or stop straight away? Will meds affect the shrooms effects?

Thank you