Derek And David's Vegan Conversion Thread

Feel free to discuss what you want.
amanitadreamer

Derek And David's Vegan Conversion Thread

Post by amanitadreamer » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:10 pm

These 2 are both working on lactobacillus conversion, acidic storage and other fermentations. fellas, pls discuss so the community can benefit from your wisdom and thank you so very much for your involvement and sharing.
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post:
Nanner
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

GoTeamUnicorn
Has thanked: 0

Re: Derek And David's Vegan Conversion Thread

Post by GoTeamUnicorn » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:21 pm

Aloha friends and mush love

This lacto decarb has me really excited.

For my first set of experiments I took 20 grams dry mixed caps foraged in Mendocino county in 2020 and simmered 20 min in 1 cup RO water. The caps were dried by the fireplace so some decarb may have occurred. I normalized to one cup after cooking it down. I divided that batch into two.

I put half the AM flesh and half a cup of 30% decarb tea in 1 gallon RO water with 2 cups live jun starter, 6 tsp oolong tea, one cup honey and about an inch of scoby. This takes 2-3 weeks to brew even on a heating pad to keep it in the high 80s. The starting ph was 4.2. My suspicion is that I don’t need to make the tea first but I’m starting with a conservative approach because I’m ibo shy, although I suspect there’s just nothing dangerous about Ibo. If this works well next I’ll put the flesh in dry and let the lacto and acid do all the decarb.

I put the other half the AM flesh and half a cup 30% decarb tea in 1.5 cups lemon juice and let sit for 20 min. To that I added fresh grated organic ginger, lemon rind, a quarter cup of sugar and 2 cups live gingerbug to kick off the ferment. I filled it to a half gallon with RO water. I did all the decarb first because a ginger soda only ferments 3 days and becomes very carbonated in that time. I want sure if there was a time factor to lacto decarb so for this first ginger soda I have used 60% decarbed tea before begging in the ferment. Next time I’ll just soak the flesh in the lemon and skip the simmering.

On day 4 I chilled the AM ginger lemon soda and drank one fifth of it, 1.5 cups. This is approx double my normal microdose when I calculate out by volume. The effect was remarkable. Within 40 min I was floaty and dissociative, unable to focus on a scream or bring myself to read before bed. Slept like a king. No dreams. No hint of ibo. The taste was surprisingly human, fleshy even, not stinky but it smelled like skin and hormones; more like rejuvilac which is fermented sprouted grains than like a ginger lemon soda.

On day 5 I drank 2 cups. At 40 min I was visibly high and sleepy. I had a lover over who noticed that my libido was low from the musc. I woke up at 230 am with a cough and took cough medicine. I noticed that I was no longer AM drunk but felt rested and easily fell back asleep. No dreams. In the morning my libido was high and my body felt deeply released.

On day 6 I took 2 cups and played video games. I’d taken a long hike and my knees were hurting. By 40 min I was not able to care about the action on screen and just wanted to cuddle. I slept as though I am not actively grieving for this beautiful planet and all her beloveds. It’s like it lifted the fear and hopelessness from my shoulders and I did not dream.I had not realized the baseline level of anxiety I’d been living with until it parted like a fog (this is after a full 6 weeks microdosing earlier this spring with excellent results defusing the charges around childhood traumas and starting to free me from heavily self medicating with canabanoids).

Today is day 7 and I think I’m confident I’m well above 90% decarb on this brew, there’s no noticeable ibo, which I was acutely aware of in my 60% decarb tea at doses a third the size of what I’m taking now.

I’ll report back in on the jun/kombucha when the ph gets low enough. It’s hard to know how fast the decarb is going without testing it daily but I’m going to give it a conservative 2 weeks in the brew.

Other options: I have living mothers for Apple cider vinegar, a red ale malt vinegar and a Bordeaux vinegar that are low ph but the fermentation is pretty slow- 3-4 weeks and I bet the acidity does most of the work upfront in the first 20 min. Anyone want an AM Bordeaux vinaigrette dressing for their foraged greens?

Kraut!!! So it should be possible to make fully decarb Kim chi and I. Am. Here. For. It. In all likelihood my first shot at this would be to juice a head of cabbage with ginger/turmeric, a little lemon and a pinch of salt and add a cup of starter from my krout jar. Then put the AM dry in the fluid and let it counter ferment 5 days. Any form of lacto pickling should work.

Coconut yogurt. I make this with coconut milk and a lacto starter culture I’ve been keeping ten years in my fridge. I can get the ph down but I suspect there will be issues with the fat extraction at room temperature because of how coconut oils extract other flavors at heat. I’d make tea first but then I run the risk of getting a spoonful of mostly ibo before bed so this is the experiment I’m least excited about.
These users thanked the author GoTeamUnicorn for the post (total 3):
SummerElselostmushroomforestNanner

AmanitaN00b

Post by AmanitaN00b » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:12 pm

Would love to hear more about this 👍
These users thanked the author AmanitaN00b for the post:
Nanner
Learning about the magical fly agaric.

GoTeamUnicorn

Post by GoTeamUnicorn » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:47 pm

Final day taking the AM gingerbug. This is a continuation of my first post on gingerbug.

Took 2 cups well before bedtime so I could sense the musc. 20 min in got an analgesic wave and was feeling creative. I think maybe I finally got enough ibo to notice it but there was so much musk I want giggly or anything. By 40 min I was feeling drunk and dissociative. Spent 20 min on a stationary bike and watched my heart rate which seemed normal. Maybe I was sweatier, maybe. After 2 hours I could read and watch tv and follow a conversation again. Libido was high 3 hours after ingestion and again in the morning. No dreams. Slept really well.
These users thanked the author GoTeamUnicorn for the post:
Nanner

Mahreeoh17

Post by Mahreeoh17 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:52 pm

What was your process on the kombucha? Just letting the Am sit in a bottle of it for two weeks?
These users thanked the author Mahreeoh17 for the post:
Nanner

lostmushroomforest

Post by lostmushroomforest » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:45 pm

<deleted by user>
Last edited by lostmushroomforest on Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author lostmushroomforest for the post:
Nanner

lostmushroomforest

Post by lostmushroomforest » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:49 pm

<deleted by user>
Last edited by lostmushroomforest on Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
Nanner

lostmushroomforest

Post by lostmushroomforest » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:07 am

<deleted by user>
Last edited by lostmushroomforest on Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nanner

lostmushroomforest

Post by lostmushroomforest » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:49 am

<deleted by user>
Last edited by lostmushroomforest on Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nanner

lostmushroomforest

Post by lostmushroomforest » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:48 pm

<deleted by user>
Last edited by lostmushroomforest on Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:46 am, edited 8 times in total.
Nanner