Decarbing Vendor Amanita

Feel free to discuss what you want.
StXavier
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Decarbing Vendor Amanita

Post by StXavier » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:15 am

I’d like to know how to properly decarb Amanita that’s been purchased from one of the vendors recommended on the Amanita Dreamer page. My intention is to make the Amanita tea extraction from 15 grams of caps and 1 cup of distilled water. With the extraction, I’d like to make the microdose ice cubes and possibly a tincture.

Some of the vendors say the caps have been dried at 100 degrees Fahrenheit. This is obviously much lower than Amanita Dreamers recommendation of 165 degrees. So my question is, what can I do to get to the 60% decarb level? In her videos she says proper heating will get 30%, and a twenty minute boil will decarb another 30% to get to a total of 60%.

Can more boiling make up for the vendor’s lower drying/heating/decarbing temperature? Can I put the caps in my Excalibur Dehydrator and heat them a second time? If so, for how long? I don’t want to damage or degrade the mushrooms.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

psydragonfly

Re: Decarbing Vendor Amanita

Post by psydragonfly » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:05 am

What information or answers did you receive? I'm in the same boat. I have some caps. I think that they probably were just air dried so that they can be stored.
[/quote]
These users thanked the author psydragonfly for the post:
Satchitananda

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:47 pm

StXavier wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:15 am
I’d like to know how to properly decarb Amanita that’s been purchased from one of the vendors recommended on the Amanita Dreamer page. My intention is to make the Amanita tea extraction from 15 grams of caps and 1 cup of distilled water. With the extraction, I’d like to make the microdose ice cubes and possibly a tincture.

Some of the vendors say the caps have been dried at 100 degrees Fahrenheit. This is obviously much lower than Amanita Dreamers recommendation of 165 degrees. So my question is, what can I do to get to the 60% decarb level? In her videos she says proper heating will get 30%, and a twenty minute boil will decarb another 30% to get to a total of 60%.

Can more boiling make up for the vendor’s lower drying/heating/decarbing temperature? Can I put the caps in my Excalibur Dehydrator and heat them a second time? If so, for how long? I don’t want to damage or degrade the mushrooms.

Once dried you can't decarb them any further without moving forward to make something with them, SOMA or tea etc...
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post:
Arktos
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

KCRay

Post by KCRay » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:59 pm

Lemon juice! :)

RogerDoc

Post by RogerDoc » Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:44 am

StXavier wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:15 am

I'm trying to figure out myself. The AM that I purchased has only been dehydrated at 100° F.