Planning my first Amanita Experience/Any advice?

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Proletarianslug
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Planning my first Amanita Experience/Any advice?

Post by Proletarianslug » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:34 pm

Hi Everyone, I am new to the forum. In about a month, I am planning to experiment with Amanita Muscaria for the first time. To give you all a bit of background information, I have suffered from "Pure O" (purely obsessional) OCD for more than twenty years. To make things a little more interesting, I also suffer from depression and am afflicted with elements of PTSD because of emotional abuse that I suffered as a child. I have been working (cautiously) with psychedelics, mainly psilocybin for about two years now. I learned about Amanitas through an article in Discover Magazine very recently, and was very intrigued. I had been taking SSRI meds since the age of eighteen (45 now), but finished a taper, and have been off of them completely for 38 days. I have also taken 0.5 mg of klonopin since early 2017. Things have been very difficult for me since Mother's Day weekend of this year. Currently, I take 0.5 to 1.5 milligrams of klonopin per day to help manage the SSRI withdrawals, and generally to keep functioning. It has been rough going lately, to say the least. My plan is to consume about 3 grams of Amanitas, and just see what happens. I want to wait month to let my brain chemistry settle down a little bit. Even though I have worked with psilocybin a few times, MDA/psilocybin combo once, and San Pedro once, I am terrified of psychedelics because I am afraid that I will act on the intrusive thoughts in my head, and do something horrendously depraved. I guess a would appreciate any advice regarding my planned dosage, and what to expect from the trip. I feel that initially it would be best to go "low and slow". If y'all have any thoughts, advice, or anything you'd like to share that you think would be helpful, I would be enormously grateful. Thank you for taking the time to read this post! I look forward to your replies.