Amanita Regalis

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Lisasabina
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Amanita Regalis

Post by Lisasabina » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:59 am

Hey all,

I am new to the Amanita and want to find my own and try them out. Currently found Amanita Regalis, the brown one. Can anyone help please and tell me if they are the same to use as Amanita Muscaria? Or do we need to be more careful?
Thanks a lot from

Lisa

Lisasabina

Re: Amanita Regalis

Post by Lisasabina » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:18 am

Hi again,

So, I hv now found both red and brown Amanita in the woods here around Stockholm.
Would be so very grateful if someone can let me know if there are any major differences between the two? Or if you can even mix them?

Amanitadreamer?

Also, I was in the Mushroom Magic course earlier this summer, and am trying to figure out with the conversion.
Is it a good idea to boil first, and then do the dehydration (hv the Excalibur)?

Thank you so much 🙏🍄 Lisa

BradinAZ

Post by BradinAZ » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:32 pm

I'm no expert, but since no one is responding, let me try to help.

I couldn't find it in my notes, but the Regalis is going to have some differences from the A. Muscaria. I recall that Dreamer seemed to indicate that they had some different properties, but that it was best to wait until after becoming familiar with the Muscaria. I would recommend not mixing them, at least until you get an answer/reply from Dreamer.

On boiling: don't boil first. Boiling is not a part of the preservation process. Boiling is a part of the tea recipe. The first step in the preservation process of fresh mushroom is drying. If you want to decarb the mushroom's isotonic acid, drying them at or just above 160F. Off the top of my head I can't recall the recommended length of time for the drying. So, I would suggest going to https://www.amanitadreamer.net where you will find videos grouped by theme. There's a group titled Drying and Storing. Check those short videos out before you do anything else.

I would also recommend that you look at the group of videos titled Foraging, Harvesting, and Processing. Click the > button on the screen and look for the video titled "How to I.D. Amanita Muscaria & Deadly Mistakes." It's wise to be doubly sure that the mushrooms you foraged are what you think they are. It's best to be careful.

I have found it very helpful to go back and rewatch the videos of the 3-week Mushroom Magic Class. The folks who put the class on have put the replays up online. Go here to log in and find them:

https://psychedelicsocietysf.org/my-account/

I hope this helps.

-B

Lisasabina

Post by Lisasabina » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:16 pm

Dear B!

Thank you SO much for your reply- I really apreciate this SO much 🙏

Was litterally gonna try some of the brown ones, but now realizing I shld wait, and try the Muscaria instead.

I will check out the videos you recommend for sure on the Amanita Website.

And with regards to the Mushroom magic course, I know Amanita Dreamer talks abt how the drying above 160 F is doing 30% of the decarb, and then boiling another 30%. I just wasn’t sure abt what order to do it.
Soo much to learn..

But thanks again so much for seing my post and responding..

Blessings from Lisa 🙏

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:07 am

Lisasabina wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:16 pm
Dear B!

Thank you SO much for your reply- I really apreciate this SO much 🙏

Was litterally gonna try some of the brown ones, but now realizing I shld wait, and try the Muscaria instead.

I will check out the videos you recommend for sure on the Amanita Website.

And with regards to the Mushroom magic course, I know Amanita Dreamer talks abt how the drying above 160 F is doing 30% of the decarb, and then boiling another 30%. I just wasn’t sure abt what order to do it.
Soo much to learn..

But thanks again so much for seing my post and responding..

Blessings from Lisa 🙏
I'm sorry I didn't see this until now. I actually haven't used regalis yet and I just got my first shipment. My kitchen is currently under construction so it will have to wait until I get it back to make the video on it. I'm glad someone answered you. I would have said the same, become familiar with muscaria first, then branch out to the other muscaroids.
:)
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

Lisasabina

Post by Lisasabina » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:11 pm

Thank you so much Amanita dreamer for your reply- just saw this.. good luck w your kitchen >3
Lisa