Lemon Tek

Feel free to discuss what you want.
visionaryhead
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Lemon Tek

Post by visionaryhead » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:40 pm

Hello! I have been searching Amanita Dreamer's website up and down, looking for the video on Lemon Tek. I can't seem to find it! :( I'm sure this has been asked before, but if someone could point me in the right direction, I'd be immensely thankful.

Miri

Re: Lemon Tek

Post by Miri » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:25 pm

I would also like some info on this. Do you use lemon when making the microdose tea? Do you put lemon in your tea or is it a completely different way to decarboxilate?

Nga mihi from New Zealand

Vanillad

Post by Vanillad » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:58 pm

Lemon TEK is an unproven method used for psilocin-containing mushrooms which involves chopping up the mushrooms and letting them soak in the lemon juice for about 20-30 minutes. I say unproven because the source this method is based on is a 1985 paper which involves submerging extracted psilocybin in a 4.0 pH liquid and heating to 70C with the intent of dephosphorylation but provides no resulting measurements ( archived here: https://erowid.org/archive/rhodium/chem ... ction.html ), which is different than simply leaving chopped mushrooms in lemon juice.

I believe people are using this term to also refer to a preparation method for muscimol-containing mushrooms that involves boiling them in a pot of water with added lemon juice for 20-45 minutes. Keep in mind that no significant decarboxylation will occur unless the pH value of the water is below 4.0 with the rapid-decarb range found to be between 2.5-3.0 pH, and even in this range a full decarboxylation would not occur until 2.5+ hours have passed.

I left a comment regarding the known science behind this process here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=733&p=3143#p3143

Miri

Post by Miri » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:47 am

Thank you Vanillad.