Question on Preparation of the Tea

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Silverwheel
Has thanked: 0

Question on Preparation of the Tea

Post by Silverwheel » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:31 pm

Hello,

I'm getting ready to bake and boil my first Amanita caps for microdosing tea. And I had a couple of questions. Sure, I can find out via the scientific method but right now I'd like to take advantage of what others have learned.

So I understand that we're advised to simmer the caps rather than subject them to a rolling boil. Why? If the muscimol isn't damaged by 212 degrees - and that's as hot as you can get water in an open container - why bother with keeping it at a simmer? A simmer is only a few degrees cooler. From what I've learned from chefs, a simmer is preferred when you don't want to damage the integrity of what you're cooking and this isn't going to be presented at table.

Also, I see to add lemon juice, to complete the reaction. But how much? I've seen from AD's videos that she breaks up a cup of tea into 1/4 cup containers and freezes those that won't be used immediately. And I see that lemon juice is to be added, not in the simmering but just prior to usage. But how much lemon juice would be mixed into one of those 1/4 cups?

Thanks!
These users thanked the author Silverwheel for the post:
Nanner
"A heathen conceivably - but not, I hope - an unenlightened one."

~Lord Summerisle

brandyrene81
Has thanked: 0

Re: Question on Preparation of the Tea

Post by brandyrene81 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:58 am

After watching all the videos and reading other forums, they all seem to agree on the juice of half a lemon
These users thanked the author brandyrene81 for the post:
Nanner

Nanner

Re: Question on Preparation of the Tea

Post by Nanner » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:45 am

Those are really good questions regarding the boil, how much lemon and when to add. I've wondered why you wouldn't cover the tea as it simmers so you didn't lose the concentration by adding more water.

I can only imagine what this process has been for AD and how she found her answers, how far she has come. It's amazing.

I don't have a scientific background and because she talks about the wealth of misinformation that is out there, she is the only resource I trust.

This forum is really helpful, please post if you have any updates with your experience.