Trip report, Ibotenic acid or Muscarine?

Feel free to discuss what you want.
AmanitaN00b

Trip report, Ibotenic acid or Muscarine?

Post by AmanitaN00b » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:12 pm

Hey All,

So I got a new batch of Amanita from muscaria.store, went for the smaller closed caps. I made the tea to @amanitadreamer’s recipe as usual. Had a teaspoon to test earlier in the day and felt fine.

Had what probably equals around 2grams in the evening. After an hour or so I felt the following:

- Relaxed, heavy head, slight drunk feeling.
- Felt sweaty and cold at the same time - had to wrap up warm even though it wasn’t cold in the house.

Went to bed after an hour of this, heart was racing pretty fast, also saw some soft patterns when I closed my eyes, like zooming through a tunnel.
Oh, and I had a fairly vivid dream about finding lots of Amanita’s growing, and remember being very excited in the dream :lol:

So my questions is this, do you think I didn’t make the tea correctly as I got cold/sweaty or was it the closed caps? :?:
I usually get the effects without the sweating, but have only purchased standard open caps before.

Is the sweating/and cold feeling related to Ibotenic acid or Muscarine? :?:

I have the rest of the tea frozen as ice cubes, so just want to make sure it’s safe to use again (probably at smaller doses), wondering if perhaps they are just stronger than I’m used too.

Thanks for your help, seems there’s still a lot to learn about this mushroom 🙏
Learning about the magical fly agaric.

AmanitaN00b

Re: Trip report, Ibotenic acid or Muscarine?

Post by AmanitaN00b » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:39 pm

Interestingly, I did the same amount, possible a bit more the following night (from the same frozen batch) but only felt like it mildly effected me. I'm also wondering if what I felt was just standard higher-dose amanita ingestion.

I've noticed this before, if I've not had any amanita for a few months the first dose effects me more than when I take it on subsequent nights. I'm thinking a temporary kind of tolerance builds up.

Would love to hear feedback or how your own experiences match up with mine.

Thanks 🙂
Learning about the magical fly agaric.