how to propagate Amanitas?

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Post Reply
User avatar
Matt
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:16 pm
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 18 times
Contact:

how to propagate Amanitas?

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:50 pm

I just found some great Amanitas today and was wondering if there was a way that I could do a spore print and get some of those spores out into the wild where they could do the most good. Should I just spore print onto a paper towel and then go bury that near some trees? Any techniques that have been used to successfully get Amanitas to grow where they haven't been found before?
Thanks.
Amanitas.png
Amanitas.png (743.77 KiB) Viewed 310 times
Primal Northwest
https://www.primalnw.com

User avatar
amanitadreamer
Posts: 360
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:32 pm
Has thanked: 81 times
Been thanked: 208 times
Contact:

Re: how to propagate Amanitas?

Post by amanitadreamer » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:06 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:50 pm
I just found some great Amanitas today and was wondering if there was a way that I could do a spore print and get some of those spores out into the wild where they could do the most good. Should I just spore print onto a paper towel and then go bury that near some trees? Any techniques that have been used to successfully get Amanitas to grow where they haven't been found before?
Thanks.

Amanitas.png
I have a vide on slurrying as a placeholder until I can get the better one made, which I am editing at the moment and hope to have up tonight. :)
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post:
josmllr8
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
Amanita Dreamer
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer
Facebook Amanita Dreamer

User avatar
Matt
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:16 pm
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 18 times
Contact:

Re: how to propagate Amanitas?

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:47 pm

amanitadreamer wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:06 am
I have a vide on slurrying as a placeholder until I can get the better one made, which I am editing at the moment and hope to have up tonight. :)
Ok, I have my discards festering in a bucket of pure Pacific Northwest rainwater. Looking pretty nasty so far. I'll go spread it through my forest when it gets particularly putrid.

IMG_9775.jpg
IMG_9775.jpg (3.42 MiB) Viewed 222 times
Primal Northwest
https://www.primalnw.com

User avatar
amanitadreamer
Posts: 360
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:32 pm
Has thanked: 81 times
Been thanked: 208 times
Contact:

Re: how to propagate Amanitas?

Post by amanitadreamer » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:43 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:47 pm
amanitadreamer wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:06 am
I have a vide on slurrying as a placeholder until I can get the better one made, which I am editing at the moment and hope to have up tonight. :)
Ok, I have my discards festering in a bucket of pure Pacific Northwest rainwater. Looking pretty nasty so far. I'll go spread it through my forest when it gets particularly putrid.


IMG_9775.jpg
Beautiful! Did you spread it?
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
Amanita Dreamer
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer
Facebook Amanita Dreamer

User avatar
Matt
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:16 pm
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 18 times
Contact:

Re: how to propagate Amanitas?

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:46 pm

amanitadreamer wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:43 pm
Matt wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:47 pm
amanitadreamer wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:06 am
I have a vide on slurrying as a placeholder until I can get the better one made, which I am editing at the moment and hope to have up tonight. :)
Ok, I have my discards festering in a bucket of pure Pacific Northwest rainwater. Looking pretty nasty so far. I'll go spread it through my forest when it gets particularly putrid.


IMG_9775.jpg
Beautiful! Did you spread it?
I haven't yet, but have been thinking about it lately. Might do so this week. It really hasn't changed all that much from the photo I posted above.
These users thanked the author Matt for the post:
amanitadreamer
Primal Northwest
https://www.primalnw.com

Post Reply