Liver long term effects

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Infil0405
Has thanked: 0

Liver long term effects

Post by Infil0405 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:47 am

I've been microdosing for 4 months. 1-2g daily. Recently started feeling some tension and sometimes pain in the liver. Microdosing have been really helpfull for my mental state, but im afraid that it can cause liver damage long term.
I heard people eat amanitas for years just fine, but some say it can cause cirrhosis. Cant find any legit info.

sleepless
Been thanked: 0

Re: Liver long term effects

Post by sleepless » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:30 pm

I would suspect it's possible. Is that the only thing you're taking that could be causing such an effect? I wonder if supplements that raise glutathione and thus protect the liver could prevent this?

Infil0405

Post by Infil0405 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:18 am

I didnt take anything, besides amanita. I suppose my new batch was too fresh maybe. I felt some liver discomfort before, but it got worse after about a week on new batch. Not enough decarb maybe. Its dryed good, but ill shelf it for another month.
I just worried if it could lead to some serious liver damage if ignored, but i guess no one can answer that. I didnt take md for 2 weeks now. Liver is now better, but with it got back my depression back :cry:

sleepless
Been thanked: 0

Post by sleepless » Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:57 pm

I'd try milk thistle. It's known to protect the liver and is considered pretty safe

Dbcooper

Post by Dbcooper » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:44 am

What do you mean by liver discomfort? The liver is an extremely resilient organ; It takes a whole lot of damage for you to feel anything related to it. Chances are that discomfort is elsewhere.

If you want to you can have a blood panel that is specific to test liver functions.
These users thanked the author Dbcooper for the post:
Arktos

Infil0405

Post by Infil0405 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:16 pm

I suppose it was gallbladder pain. Stagnant bile maybe. I am now taking new batch for 3 weeks with milk thistle. Feeling ok, felt liver only after bigger dose 3+g.

Dbcooper

Post by Dbcooper » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:36 pm

I have a problem with doctors in as much as modern medicine specializes in disease and not health; a lot of health problems are handled with hard core drugs instead of fixing the underlying conditions that create them. Having said that modern medicine is amazing at diagnosing the source of a given problem.

If you truly think there may be something wrong with your liver it would make sense to have a checkup and while at it request a liver blood panel.
These users thanked the author Dbcooper for the post:
Arktos

Infil0405

Post by Infil0405 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:05 am

So i got tested for liver transaminases AST and ALT, which, when heightened indicate liver cells damage. Mine is in normal range.
That is after 7 month of 2-3g dosing daily.
These users thanked the author Infil0405 for the post (total 2):
ArktosFungo