No effects at any dose, why?

Feel free to discuss what you want.
secopala
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

No effects at any dose, why?

Post by secopala » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:09 pm

Hello :)

First post here. Im wondering why amanita doesn't work on me so im sharing my details to help anyone suggest ideas why, which i will investigate if anything new comes up. Im not asking for medical advice. Just curious to hear from the community. Someone on reddit said 10% of people are immune to amanita, anyone heard this too?

I tried amanita primarily to help me sleep and was enthusiastic about all benefits it can bring. But it doesn't work, up to 22g, well decarbed following the 3h simmer at ph3.

First tried simmering 20g in 150ml water+100ml lemon juice = total starting volume

Simmered for 3h adding some water duringto keep same level in the pot. Strained and total finish volume was 200ml. So 10ml= 1g

Always on an empty stomach, at least 3h after dinner.

Tried 1g equivalent waited an hour, nothing
Took 3g equiv. Waited 1h, nothing
Took 7g and got hypersalivation and nausea for 2
Dreams seemed enhanced. Im a big dreamer in life normally so idk.

Next night:
Took 10g and nothing. No nausea or salivating

Next day simmered 32 g in same liquid total, same lemon and water:

Took 10g at night, nothing

Next day took 22g worth, nothing. Just normal insomnia night for my normal 3h sleep total in 4 chunks.

2 days later i simmered at lower temperature than simmer, like no movement of the liquid but almost. Steem was rising but no convection movement happening

Took 10g worth and nothing

Overall i notice some better dream recall, not vivid but somehow enhanced. I like dreaming

The batch was mixed prior to brewing, other experienced people tried it and found it to be normal. Its was a fresh batch from last season. Everything legit about it

I take meds to sleep but i didnt take them prior to amanita which i took at 10pm, but only at 4am when clearly nothing was happening and wanted to sleep

I alternate between small doses of quetiapine (25mg), zopiclone 5mg and nabilone 1mg. Typically i have 1 or 2 nights where i take nothing and i alternate between the 3 pills so as to not get accustomed as much. Once in a awhile my sleep gets easier for 1 or 2 weeks (dont know why) and i skip the meds until i cant sleep again. Sometimes ill replace by weed, in small amounts, a small joint can served me 3 times to help me sleep, consecutively or not. I use melatonin also sometimes to skip the pharma meds. If i dont want to use any sleep meds i can wake up at dawn and force myself to be very active that day, drink chamomile tea at night and just accept that i may fall asleep very late. It doesn't really matter because if i sleep early ill wake up an hour later and fall back asleep 5 or 6h later for another hour or two. If i fall asleep at 4am and i had a long day i can sleep for 3h consecutively, 4h if im lucky.

I drink alcohol in moderation not everyday and never more than 2-3 drinks if im dinning with friends. Average 4 drinks a weeks most often 1 beer before dinner.

I have low to moderate appetite depending on activity level (im badly injured and still recovering so im not super active but i walk 3 miles/day except on flare ups. I do daily PT excersices at home and twice a week in clinic.

I take kratom (0 to 15g a day but average 10g per day)
I have monthly ketamine infusions but sometimes they are spaced 6 or 8 weeks appart when i cant afford it.

I take vitamin B, C, D, K, omega 3, magnesium

I eat somewhat healthy, better than the average population but not crazy healthy as i used to when i was younger. I drink plenty of water and electrolytes. Im in my mid 30s, thin and fast metabolism type body and otherwise healthy besides an electric shock to the head that fried my nervous system 5 years ago. Officially its nerve damage, demyelination, electroporation possibly, windup phenomenon akin to hyperalgesia and CRPS (i dont have CRPS but the pathophysiology shares some mecanisms. So neuropathic pain.

and last year i crushed 7 discs and few other bones in an accident, got spinal fusion on the spot and this left me with partial spinal cord injury affecting normal bowel, urinary and sexual functions. But im walking. Seems to be permanent at this point according to doctors. Care is oriented on maintaining current functions.

Thanks for any input, peace

Kristen E
Has thanked: 0

Re: No effects at any dose, why?

Post by Kristen E » Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:08 am

You might be decarbing way too much. It's not actually necessary to boil for 3 hours. Then adding lemon decarb's it even more. 20 minutes is all you should have to boil. The mushroom should be dried with heat first, that is the first part of the decarboxylation process. Then when you boil the dried mushroom, you're decarboxylating a second time. Therefore, a 3 hour boil is unnecessary. Maintain 250mLs. of water in the pot with 15grams of cracker-dry caps. Start out taking 1.25mLs of boiled 'tea' (1/4 teaspoon). I've heard that 15mLs (1 Tablespoon) is a lot for a microdose. The fact that your dreams are more vivid might be an indicator that what you're doing is working to some degree, you just might be boiling out most of the active ingredients. I've heard the you can choose to add lemon once you've figured out your initial dose. And you probably don't need so much lemon juice. 100mLs of lemon juice in a 150mL batch of 'tea' is A LOT. You should only need a full squeeze from one slice of lemon.
These users thanked the author Kristen E for the post:
Arktos

KCRay

Re: No effects at any dose, why?

Post by KCRay » Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:23 am

AmanitaDreamer.net has great tea making instructions... along w ALL THINGS AMANITA. She rocks!