Preparing Tea Without Drying Mushrooms

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Mushy86
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Preparing Tea Without Drying Mushrooms

Post by Mushy86 » Sat May 21, 2022 4:43 am

Hello, as Anamita is in season where I live I have access to many fresh options. Can the tea recipe be made without drying the mushrooms, I assumed the drying was just for preservation.

Matt

Re: Preparing Tea Without Drying Mushrooms

Post by Matt » Mon May 23, 2022 9:25 pm

I'm wondering the same thing. Have you found an answer to this yet?
Cheers!
Primal Northwest
https://www.primalnw.com

MrSchmick

Post by MrSchmick » Thu May 26, 2022 2:14 am

Hi all,

I've been digesting as much information about AM as I can for a while now and I'm curious to know the answer to this as well.

On aminitadreamer.net Amanita Dreamer shows how to make her tea by stewing dried AM in a cup of water for 20 minutes, the end result being a tea which is active, yet in her instructional video on how to make a tincture Amanita Dreamer states that it is simply a concentrated reduction of her tea which then has alcohol added to the resulting concentrate. Thing is her reduction process for the tincture uses fresh AM before the alcohol is added, not dried AM.

She states in her tea video that using dried AM produces a 60% conversion of ibotenic acid to muscimol, 30% being achieved by drying at 70°C and a further 30% during the stewing process, and then goes on to make the tincture using fresh AM. This to me indicates that the tincture is produced with only a 30% conversion of the ibotenic acid to muscimol.

Amanita Dreamer. If you or someone knowledgeable in these processes could clear up this discrepancy then it would be greatly appreciated, as from what you're telling us your videos seem to produce 2 concoctions which vary in their ibotenic acid/muscimol ratio, and other information you have provided clearly states that different ratios of the 2 molecules are used for different purposes and I wish to use either the tea or tincture for micro-dosing, so which recipe should I use?

At this stage I'm not sure whether making the tincture should be done with fresh or dried AM.

Thanks.
These users thanked the author MrSchmick for the post:
Matt

Arktos

Post by Arktos » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:33 pm

If you sift through amanitadreamers works I think you will get a clue. Fresh and dried amanita has got different effect and uses.
These users thanked the author Arktos for the post:
BlueHermit21
Arktos in my case refers to the bear, nothing else.

jackson

Post by jackson » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:49 pm

I'm also curious about this. I live near Melbourne in Australia and Amanitas are popping up everywhere around where I live.

Can I just prepare a tea for microdosing from fresh amanitas? i.e. will boiling the fresh amanitas instead of the dry amanita still yield the ~60% muscimol conversion? Maybe if it has a longer boiling time?

To be honest after watching her video taking the bite of the raw Amanita I am interested in just trying that too. :D :lol:

Very excited to find out about this mushroom and this forum. Bless you beautiful people.

jackson

Post by jackson » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:13 pm

Watched some more videos and answered my own question. Good info in the different uses different methods video. I'm going to simmer my fresh aminitas and experience with and with some lemon, following the microdose protocol.

Arktos

Post by Arktos » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:45 pm

Do not simmer. Extract at 60-70˚C. Do not worry about conversion at low dosis. Ibo will convert inside you.
Arktos in my case refers to the bear, nothing else.