Thoughts on "Amanita Dreamer". Some you may like, some you may not

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Nold-i-spolen
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Thoughts on "Amanita Dreamer". Some you may like, some you may not

Post by Nold-i-spolen » Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:14 am

Hi there!

When i first found "Amanita Dreamer" i was blown away by all of te scientific information she has made available

.....but as i watched more videos i became skeptical gradually
She is bragging about how much she is intro "the science", but as you look closer she has very little understanding about science and how it works

Don't get me wrong, she has made allot of really good videos, and gives out allot of useful information

A few examples:
1. "We have to measure I'm volume, not weight"
That statement makes no sense, you are boiling off water and adding more as it goes, you have no measure of how much volume you are getting out, and therfor no clue about concentration of the tea. Concentration is a product of the weight AND the volume, not just one

What i do, i measure what i get out of a amanita boil, and calculates the amount of grams n 1ml of my solution, the last one came out to 0.11g/ml

2. If variation is "difference of up to 600% alkoloids between mushrooms" a batch size of 15g ~ 4-8 mushrooms is way to small to equalize anything
you'd need closer to 100-200g to come close to any kind of equalization.....and it would still just be an approximation

3. Her method of drying in the oven with the lid open and a fan blowing is awful

There will be hot and cold spots all over the oven
If the 72°C is so important (and i have no clue if it is) to put the mushrooms in a vacuum bag and heating them in a sous vide water bath is the only way to insure that every mushroom is to temperatur for the desired length, and then drying the mushrooms after that (or make them straight into tea)
But i don't know for how long they need to be in the water-bath

I could go on like that

I love information, but don't claim to be a scientific researcher when you are not one, that's misinformation, that's all.

Sorry to those that see her as a hero, i like her to, but let's just be honest here

eucalyptus

Re: Thoughts on "Amanita Dreamer". Some you may like, some you may not

Post by eucalyptus » Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:51 am

Last edited by eucalyptus on Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nold-i-spolen
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Nold-i-spolen » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:25 am

I'm well aware what science is, if thats what you insinuate i don't 😉

eucalyptus

Post by eucalyptus » Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:16 pm

Last edited by eucalyptus on Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

eucalyptus

Post by eucalyptus » Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:26 pm

Last edited by eucalyptus on Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:25 am

Nold-i-spolen wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:14 am
Hi there!

When i first found "Amanita Dreamer" i was blown away by all of te scientific information she has made available

.....but as i watched more videos i became skeptical gradually
She is bragging about how much she is intro "the science", but as you look closer she has very little understanding about science and how it works

Don't get me wrong, she has made allot of really good videos, and gives out allot of useful information

A few examples:
That statement makes no sense, you are boiling off water and adding more as it goes, you have no measure of how much volume you are getting out, and therfor no clue about concentration of the tea. Concentration is a product of the weight AND the volume, not just one

What i do, i measure what i get out of a amanita boil, and calculates the amount of grams n 1ml of my solution, the last one came out to 0.11g/ml

2. If variation is "difference of up to 600% alkoloids between mushrooms" a batch size of 15g ~ 4-8 mushrooms is way to small to equalize anything
you'd need closer to 100-200g to come close to any kind of equalization.....and it would still just be an approximation

3. Her method of drying in the oven with the lid open and a fan blowing is awful

There will be hot and cold spots all over the oven
If the 72°C is so important (and i have no clue if it is) to put the mushrooms in a vacuum bag and heating them in a sous vide water bath is the only way to insure that every mushroom is to temperatur for the desired length, and then drying the mushrooms after that (or make them straight into tea)
But i don't know for how long they need to be in the water-bath

I could go on like that

I love information, but don't claim to be a scientific researcher when you are not one, that's misinformation, that's all.

Sorry to those that see her as a hero, i like her to, but let's just be honest here
So my first thought is to not respond because this wreaks of troll. But I will speak to your comments because other people come here and read. First let me say that from the beginning I have had trolls who have wanted to find me to lead their cults and marry them and when I don't they threaten to find me. So I have had to make sure I am anonymous. I realize once the documentary comes out that may change. If I give my colleges and degrees and work history it just makes it easy to find me. But if I did I would get so many more speaking engagements and be accepted by the societies and science based areas who only see me as a content creator. I choose to live with this.

So here they are one by one:
You said:

Me:
It is simple chemistry. If you start with 250ml and 15g then you need to end with 250 ml. Whatever boils off, you add water to bring it back to 250 mls. Speaking in terms of grams of dry weight when what you are using is a liquid is what is not allowed in chemistry. It's one of the first things you learn, keep your measurements consistent. The calculation example you gave just is not done in chemistry. You're over complicating it.

You Said:
If variation is "difference of up to 600% alkoloids between mushrooms" a batch size of 15g ~ 4-8 mushrooms is way to small to equalize anything

ME:
If you make your 15g by breaking off pieces of a few or random ones it's fine. Seriously. Been doing this for 4 years now.

You said:

ME:
This one is what makes me think you're just trolling LOL. I am such a staunch hater of the oven that I have been thrown out of groups and garnered much hate. In my one video where I use a thermometer and measure a cheap dehydrator, a good one and the oven I actually show why the oven is just awful. It is my mission to help people stop using the oven and losing their precious amanita. I have battled many people over this fan with the door open thing. It's really not good. Not sure how it got twisted that it's my preferred method.

You said:

Me
Well, it was all I did for 8 years, study, take, research and teach science. However, no one should ever make me anything except a human doing her best to educate people on amanita muscaria. I actually don't do well with public appearances because people fan out or look at me like I am a hero and it is exhausting. I value normal conversations and everyone treating everyone equally and kindly.

Peace
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post (total 2):
ArktosSadieferal1
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer