Amanita Muscaria and Alcohol

Feel free to discuss what you want.
PsychedSailor
Been thanked: 0

Amanita Muscaria and Alcohol

Post by PsychedSailor » Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:12 am

Hello everyone,

First time poster here. My name is Peter and am in the state of Georgia where our friend Amanita Dreamer resides. I am intrigued by the group for a few reasons, one of which is my past bouts with alcohol because I know that our precious mushroom acts on the Gaba receptors. My question is that after taking or being on amanita muscaria for some time, does your desire for alcohol diminish?

I have no way to gage my experience because this is all so new for me.

I had found Amanita Dreamer in late spring/early summer of this year and tore through her videos. My dad's health crashed through the floor in July in a very severe way, so diving into all of this took a natural detour. I received my first package in the mail last week and was prepped to start the process of micro dosing Friday night.

So, right at 5 o'clock when I've literally finished drying everything and putting the mushrooms on the stove and bringing them to a boil and being on the 18th minute of that, my dad calls to tell me he's been miraculously cured of cancer! This is all crazy, of course. because the disease has affected his thinking.

Talk about blowing both set and setting! Well, in addition, this being my first time I put the whole 30 grams into the dehydrator! So, after the insane conversation I had with my dad I was in no mood at all.

I started with 2 tablespoons instead of something less. I can throw caution to the wind at times. I started to feel oh, so slightly out of body after going up to 12 tablespoons and I'm watching one of AD's videos. Just at the point when she's talking about when on a trip, you my see something, maybe some movement out of the corner of your eye, well, at that exact point I see something on my floor at the end of my sofa and I think, this is just like what she's talking about! This Is a trip!

But no, I realize what I am seeing is a squirrel. That evening was warm and I had left my backdoor open, but in all these years a squirrel has never gotten into my house!

It picked this very moment to appear!! Wow! Were the mushrooms gods playing with me!

The next afternoon after that strange experience I had, an oh, what the hell kind of mindset. I consumed the rest of the elixir which amounted to 22 tablespoons. Yes, I know. I broke all convention. I would say don't try this at home. What I experienced initially was almost nothing, which I think in my very limited experience, that the ibotenic acid was reduced significantly.

No 'up' was experienced and at about minute 45, which lasted for just over half an hour more, some nausea occurred, but it was slight. By this point I was drowsy and just wanted to close my eyes. At an hour and a half in I realize while my eyes are closed that I'm starting to feel something different.

I open my eyes and realize the sensation I have is just like feeling drunk. That was so strange, it was like how can I feel exactly like being drunk without taking a drink!?? I had also rebounded and the drowsiness had completely left.

I was even forgetting where I was putting things down, short term memory was definitely affected. My sense of things is that I never have to experience That again, though it was pleasant enough and that a slow down on everything, back to microdosing. is the only way forward. Somehow that message is clear.

What is not clear is what this means as the journey continues. Since the muscimol works on the Gaba receptors in an extraordinary fashion what does this mean for alcohol consumption in the future. I haven't had the slightest thought to drink anything since but that isn't particularly significant since so little time has transpired.

My question to everybody in the group is does the consumption of muscimol and ibotenic acid drastically change the amount or desire to drink as you all move through the process?

BTW, one note on the video where Amanita Dreamer recorded her ingestion of raw amanita, she said that was the greatest experience she had. I am so keenly wanting a full blown experience, through, yes, one bite. This obviously is the state for the full blown ibotenic acid.

Any help or guidance on the journey is greatly appreciated everyone!!

Peter

eucalyptus

Re: Amanita Muscaria and Alcohol

Post by eucalyptus » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:48 pm

Last edited by eucalyptus on Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author eucalyptus for the post:
PsychedSailor

PsychedSailor
Been thanked: 0

Re: Amanita Muscaria and Alcohol

Post by PsychedSailor » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:15 pm

Hey thanks man! Are you saying that you think the amanita muscaria provided the means to quit alcohol or was that brought on by something else that was concurrent? For me, I will have to see how this plays out over time.

Again, now I have no way to gage anything because so little time has passed. I routinely go two or three weeks at a time without drinking even when "I'm drinking" now. It sure used to be more in the past. I don't have the benzos background that Amanita Dreamer has but certainly understand the impact that Gaba receptors play. Oh yeah big time!