Very hopeful!

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Soulamore’
Has thanked: 0

Very hopeful!

Post by Soulamore’ » Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:57 am

Hi all!! I’m new to this seemingly wonderful fungi/medicine. I felt compelled to order some to use as medicine. I’m an addict, and have been since I was 10 years old. So the way my brain is wired, I will always have to take something to be the “normal” that everyone experiences. I work in the healthcare field and I used to drink alot. Drugs are not permitted so I only drank. Never at work of course!! It took its toll on my life and I stopped drinking completely around 2 years ago. I was able to accomplish this with the help of some lifestyle changes and Kratom. I loved Kratom and still do in a way. But I’m afraid it’s got it’s hooks in me pretty bad. Kratom withdrawl is real and it sucks hard!! I take around 50-60 grams a day with kava. It simply keeps me level and reasonably happy. But I withdraw every night during sleep and wake up with nightmare anxiety until I take my first dose. It’s comparable to fearing for one’s life. Pretty awful!! If it weren’t for that, I’d keep using without complaint!! So I ordered some amanita. It pretty much called me in hopes of easing the withdraw so I can stop taking Kratom. Has anyone had any success using it to get off Kratom or anything else? I apologize for the long story! I just want to get off Kratom and I’m hoping this wonderful fungus can help reword my brain a bit. Rehab is not an option. Been there, done that, doesn’t work for me. Thank you all in advance for tolerating my long winded story! 💚🌱

NicoleW
Been thanked: 0

Re: Very hopeful!

Post by NicoleW » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:23 am

Thanks for sharing! I've seen the horrors of kratom withdrew. It's basically opioid withdrew; physically very hard to get through.
I've heard of 2x methods: cold turkey- have a night/ a week? of HELL withdrew, bathroom floor, possible hospital visit. or tapering off over a long time, very slowly.
Amanita helps with so much, I would think for this as well.
Wishing you the best!

lightbringer
Been thanked: 0

Re: Very hopeful!

Post by lightbringer » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:18 am

Soulamore' Thanks for your sharring . I am new, a first timer here at this forum. I would be interested to know if you have had any success with Amanita helping with Kratom withdraw? I relate alot to your experience with kratom. I quit opiun...oxy and Vicodin cold turkey. Had started withdraws my second day without a pill, it was starting to get rough. I took 4 grams of Kratom layed down. Man I was feeling better in 25-30mins. It was awesome I felt great no withdraw it was gone. I have not taken any pain pills since I first took that first 4gr. dose of Kratom. For maybe a year and a half I took 4grs. once or twice a day. i'M ALMOST 7 years at it now, and average 20-25 gr a day and I seem to start withdraw every night if I don't take a dose at 3am-4am.
I just want to stop. Can't stand being 'dependent' on it. Physically. I also am workin my way in to Amanita M. I see the potential.
I wish you luck and hope for a good out come for you and your health.
Be@Peace! ~Lightbringer