First time prepping tea and I have a question

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Brigitmuscaria

First time prepping tea and I have a question

Post by Brigitmuscaria » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:45 am

Hi, All! This is my first post. I made the a.m. tea tonight and was wondering if I over cooked it by chance? My tea is opaque and few shades darker than the tea in the prep videos I've watched. I cooked it for the 20 minutes but maybe the heat I had it on was a little too hot? My intuition told me it was ready before the 20 minute mark because I noticed the caps were bleached out and the tea looked quite saturated with color when I had around 7 minutes or so left. I know in the video it shows to have it at a simmer for 20 mins on medium and I went by the look of the water bubbling in the video instead of what I think of the word simmer to mean (which in my head it's when you cook something liquid on low heat). During the process my caps went from looking red to bleached out to then a nice shade of brown. If I did slightly over cook it will it even matter all that much in terms of ibo vs. muscimol content and dosing? I will attach a couple photos to provide examples of what I mean. Ty!
Attachments
20230129_013433.jpg
20230129_013433.jpg (1.69 MiB) Viewed 1363 times
20230129_013352.jpg
20230129_013352.jpg (2.12 MiB) Viewed 1363 times

LewisB

Re: First time prepping tea and I have a question

Post by LewisB » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:10 am

Hi Brigit,

In terms of boiling/simmering - easiest way to picture the difference (in my own mind):-
Boiling is when the the fluid is seriously bubbling (called a rolling boil, as the bubbles just keep rolling over each other to the top).
Simmering is more like when the water is still bubbling, but it's smallwr bubbles, more like it's fizzing (if you understand me?)

The length of time (bringing to boil and then simmering for 20mins) I believe is to convert more of the ibo to musc, so it doesn't have as strong of an unsettling ibo effect on the stomach - I'm sure someone will correct me on that if I'm wrong 😊

LewisB

Post by LewisB » Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:24 pm

Note: I've just made my own first batch of tea today too - I received my order from Siberian muscaria.store
I've put just about the whole 250ml end result into little gummy bear icecube trays - I'm looking forward to trying my first micro-dose soon 😀
These users thanked the author LewisB for the post:
Brigitmuscaria

Brigitmuscaria

Post by Brigitmuscaria » Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:16 pm

LewisB wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:24 pm
Note: I've just made my own first batch of tea today too - I received my order from Siberian muscaria.store
I've put just about the whole 250ml end result into little gummy bear icecube trays - I'm looking forward to trying my first micro-dose soon 😀
Did your mushies look pretty brown at the end also? I tried a single drop of my tea and it was no joke. Either that or I'm quite sensitive to this plant!