Add raw amanita to kefir? Beginner questions

Feel free to discuss what you want.
cxskate
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Add raw amanita to kefir? Beginner questions

Post by cxskate » Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:11 pm

Could I add cut up bits of raw amanita to my milk and kefir grains? It takes about 2-3 days to make kefir this way usually, so in this time will the amanita be detoxified?

Otherwise, typically I could boil amanita for 30 minutes and then drink the water? I wasn't sure if I should throw the water out and actually eat the amanita?

cxskate
Has thanked: 0

Re: Add raw amanita to kefir? Beginner questions

Post by cxskate » Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:14 pm

I don't have a dehydrator, why do people use one? Just to get the doses correct or is it to detox amanita? Can I just boil raw?

Shaman

Post by Shaman » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:19 am

Hey cxskate.

People use dehydrator in order to keep the mushroom for long term,
as the mushroom will go bad very quick unless you dehydrate it.

You can boil it raw.
I've had good experiences with raw boiled amanitas.

Just to be clear by "detox" you probably mean "decarboxylation",
it's not a mandatory step,
depends on what do you want to use the mushroom for.
I could boil amanita for 30 minutes and then drink the water? I wasn't sure if I should throw the water out and actually eat the amanita?
You can boil and drink the water,
by this point, a lot of the active ingredients would be in the water, so I wouldn't throw the water away (unless you just want to eat a tasty mushroom without it's active ingredients)
Could I add cut up bits of raw amanita to my milk and kefir grains? It takes about 2-3 days to make kefir this way usually, so in this time will the amanita be detoxified?
Again by 'detoxified' you probably mean decarboxylized,
and no, it won't affect the decarboxilization,
and about your question if you could do it?
I have just this piece of information from Olard Dixon's book "Myseteries of the Amanita Muscaria Mushroom",
where he said that people used to treat Amanita muscaria poisoning with milk.

Besides that, it seems like an interesting idea,
please share your results.

stanley_haze

Post by stanley_haze » Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:50 pm

cxskate wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:11 pm

Otherwise, typically I could boil amanita for 30 minutes and then drink the water? I wasn't sure if I should throw the water out and actually eat the amanita?
i would certainly not work with beverages that contain carbon dioxide as it might turn the muscimol back to ibotenic acid which causes horrible stomach aches (but nothing more, no deaths recorded so far).

i've fiddled around with a fermented cream substitute around the same time last year. put that in tomato/carrot soup and added amanita stems. the result were three hours of hard work taking the pain (but having the effects) while on the christmas market with my son.

take juices (the fleece and the mushroom seem to like sugars) or maybe raw milk. i haven't worked with raw milk. pasteurized milk makes a sort of yoghurt after a few hours, but then turns into a smelly, foul liquid you do not want to have in your system.

love from pennsylvania,
SH
👽
🙏🏽

🍄