Do differences in chemical composition of stem and cap of Amanita muscaria fruiting bodies correlate with topsoil type?

A place to share academic research on Amantias.
Amanita Research
Site Admin

Do differences in chemical composition of stem and cap of Amanita muscaria fruiting bodies correlate with topsoil type?

Post by Amanita Research » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:25 pm

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/254 ... J_B4oENsts

Abstract: Fly agaric (Amanita muscaria) was investigated using a 1H NMR-based metabolomics approach. The caps and stems were studied separately, revealing different metabolic compositions. Additionally, multivariate data analyses of the fungal basidiomata and the type of soil were performed. Compared to the stems, A. muscaria caps exhibited higher concentrations of isoleucine, leucine, valine, alanine, aspartate, asparagine, threonine, lipids (mainly free fatty acids), choline, glycerophosphocholine (GPC), acetate, adenosine, uridine, 4-aminobutyrate, 6-hydroxynicotinate, quinolinate, UDP-carbohydrate and glycerol. Conversely, they exhibited lower concentrations of formate, fumarate, trehalose, α- and β-glucose. Six metabolites, malate, succinate, gluconate, N-acetylated compounds (NAC), tyrosine and phenylalanine, were detected in whole A. muscaria fruiting bodies but did not show significant differences in their levels between caps and stems (P value>0.05 and/or OPLS-DA loading correlation coefficient <0.4). This methodology allowed for the differentiation between the fruiting bodies of A. muscaria from mineral and mineral-organic topsoil. Moreover, the metabolomic approach and multivariate tools enabled to ascribe the basidiomata of fly agaric to the type of topsoil. Obtained results revealed that stems metabolome is more dependent on the topsoil type than caps. The correlation between metabolites and topsoil contents together with its properties exhibited mutual dependences.

Seeyourself
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Do differences in chemical composition of stem and cap of Amanita muscaria fruiting bodies correlate with topsoil ty

Post by Seeyourself » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:51 pm

The most recent shipment of dried amanita contains both stems and caps. Can I consume the stems??

amanitadreamer

Re: Do differences in chemical composition of stem and cap of Amanita muscaria fruiting bodies correlate with topsoil ty

Post by amanitadreamer » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:40 pm

Seeyourself wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:51 pm
The most recent shipment of dried amanita contains both stems and caps. Can I consume the stems??
I'm doing some preliminary research on the stems and so far it looks like they could be cancer promoting. It's very odd though that something this medicinal would have something as harmful as the research is suggesting. There's not much on it but what's there ain't looking so good. In my experience there's something balancing about nature and isolated these substances may be harmful but together in the matrix of the mushroom, there's a decent chance they are not OR might be cancer killing. There is NO research on any of that.
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post:
SkaldicMeadandSoma
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer