Contemplating the journey

Feel free to discuss what you want.
mmmskyscraper
Has thanked: 0

Contemplating the journey

Post by mmmskyscraper » Sun May 31, 2020 2:19 pm

Hi, new member here, loving the videos and the advice, and just wanted to talk about my motivations to begin the amanita journey, and see if it is what I am looking for.

As a teenager and young adult I smoked weed but it didn’t do it for me, I only really got interested when I tried LSD and had my horizon extended. I loved the fun of it, but also the creativity and the insight. Same with psilocybes, and ketamine to a point.
My real love though was mdma; the togetherness, the sense of belonging, the community around it, albeit temporary, was a huge pull for me. Meeting strangers, crossing paths with people you had no right to meet and bonding was incredible. A window into how amazing humanity could be. Truly beautiful.

Anyhow, you get older, you have kids, life gets in the way and over time all that positivity gets pushed down by the day to day. And not that I don’t love my wife and kids, I do! It’s just that there’s something missing, and seeing what a clusterfuck the world has become, it drags you down.

So, I got to thinking, maybe microdosing mdma might lift some of that world-weary cynicism, and help me get back to seeing the good in society again. But something held me back, and then I saw an amanita while out walking in the forest one day. I love the idea of using what nature has given us to unlock some doorways that have been closed for a long time. The idea of a proper trip, when I get the time and space, does appeal but I’m more intrigued by the regular micro dosing and the benefits that may have.

Thing is, I read about how amanita has helped get people off synthetics, or helped with their anxiety, which is amazing, but I’m fortunate enough not to need it for that. I’m doing ok, you know, mostly. I’m not looking for that kind of help, I’m looking for something to connect me to people, to the planet, to be more creative and to drop some of my cynicism towards society.
Am I looking in the right place? Is amanita for me? I went out the other day and collected some (no shortage of supply here!) and they’re drying as we speak.

Any advice I can get from the community here would be appreciated!
These users thanked the author mmmskyscraper for the post:
Anderson

mmmskyscraper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Contemplating the journey

Post by mmmskyscraper » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:56 pm

Hey @amanitadreamer

I just saw your latest video, and wanted to make two points, kind of relating to my original post above.

I mentioned that I am looking to experiment with Amanita to relieve some of the cynicism, and frustration that the state of this world leaves us with. It sounds like you’re feeling that on a huge scale. Please don’t take on that hurt, all we can do is be the best person we can be. Don’t let them drag you down to far... from what I’ve see of you on yours videos you’re a good human, you’re helping people and living your life the right way. Keep on doing that and put some distance between your head and what’s going on in the world.

Secondly, with regards to people getting angry with you for not helping... wow. Wrong attitudes... same applies though, the problem is them and not you. Simply hit the ejector seat button and leave them to it. I can see how it is hurtful, frustrating, and annoying, but it actually comes down to our choice whether we take all that on or just let them drift off.

Good luck with the journey, I give you nothing but love and respect, and gratitude for taking the time to set all this up and help people along the way.

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:17 am

mmmskyscraper wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:56 pm
Hey @amanitadreamer

I just saw your latest video, and wanted to make two points, kind of relating to my original post above.

I mentioned that I am looking to experiment with Amanita to relieve some of the cynicism, and frustration that the state of this world leaves us with. It sounds like you’re feeling that on a huge scale. Please don’t take on that hurt, all we can do is be the best person we can be. Don’t let them drag you down to far... from what I’ve see of you on yours videos you’re a good human, you’re helping people and living your life the right way. Keep on doing that and put some distance between your head and what’s going on in the world.

Secondly, with regards to people getting angry with you for not helping... wow. Wrong attitudes... same applies though, the problem is them and not you. Simply hit the ejector seat button and leave them to it. I can see how it is hurtful, frustrating, and annoying, but it actually comes down to our choice whether we take all that on or just let them drift off.

Good luck with the journey, I give you nothing but love and respect, and gratitude for taking the time to set all this up and help people along the way.
It's amazing to me that you spent that time writing and caring for me. I am honored and thank you. I try to put that distance but then I leave my house LOL! The cops everywhere, my friends who are hurting, the racists comments everywhere. Ugh. But your'e right, i need to get back out in the woods and do something else. I am working on setting up a new computer and editing software so I should focus on that for a while and just stay far away from social media. At least until it quits hurting so much. It's hard to not hurt when so many people are hurting.
Yeah it's so odd how many people get mad when I don't give them individual help. Very very odd. Thank you for all the good mojo.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:19 am

Hey there.
Have you taken the plunge yet?
This isn't advice but an observation that may be relatable. I recently discovered A. m. growing near my home. I have been interested in spiritual exploration through substance ingestion for many years and have experimented widely but never before with these mushrooms. So after finding them I have harvested, dried, and read the research. In planning and beginning to prepare mentally to take A. m. for the first time I'm finding that through these actions alone I am beginning to do "the work" of the mushroom. Powerful stuff! Not the same as actually ingesting but focusing on my mindset, thinking about my expectations, planning to minimizing potential negative outcomes, etc. is some great self-reflective psychology in itself and a big part of my motivation for taking the mushroom. If I decide not to ingest at all, then just spending time with the mushroom has been really constructive and I hope you can get the same out of it too.
These users thanked the author Eddie for the post:
Hasler

Anderson
Been thanked: 0

Post by Anderson » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:29 am

Thank for sharing! It's so related to me.How are you doing now did you find what you need?I really loved sometimes use microdosing mushrooms+MDMA , it was great experience , connection,love,freedom.Now I have family and I missing that.My wife against drugs and I feel really bad.I live in Siberia,I'm Russian and mushrooms unavailable now..So I think to try microdosing amanita +MDMA sometimes maybe it's gonna help to feel life again