These users thanked the author tgt1002 for the post:
Hasler
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

raztaman
Has thanked: 0

Re: Let's introduce ourselves.

Post by raztaman » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:29 pm

Hi, I'm Timo. 44 years old. Living in Finland in the middle of forest. Been through a lot of stuff, spiritually and streetwise. :) Saw a lot of Amanitas while walking in the forest today so I started researching and this is where it got me. <3 Greetings to everyone
These users thanked the author raztaman for the post:
Hasler

Cocobis

Post by Cocobis » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:28 pm

Hi I'm Paul, 46, Northumberland, UK.
I've been aware of Amanita Musc. since I was a teenager but never had the wherewithal to do anything more than make some crappy tea. Fast forward 30 years, 5 kids, an horrendous military career & chronic pain I've decided it's time to return to my natural roots.
I'm out in nature daily, as I find with a bit of weed it calms my nerves way better than anything currently on offer from medical 'experts' & have been considering md'ing Libs for some time. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I came across some AM the other day & then miraculously came across Amanita Dreamer so I've just ingested 3g lemon tek & let the good times roll.
But seriously, I retrained as a master herbalist & have been interested in the medical benefits of hallucinogens for a while so progression to fungi made perfect sense. This forum struck me as aimed entirely in the right direction i.e. research rather than constant recreational stories.
Amazing work anyway. Cheers.
These users thanked the author Cocobis for the post:
Hasler

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:49 pm

Cocobis wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:28 pm
Hi I'm Paul, 46, Northumberland, UK.
I've been aware of Amanita Musc. since I was a teenager but never had the wherewithal to do anything more than make some crappy tea. Fast forward 30 years, 5 kids, an horrendous military career & chronic pain I've decided it's time to return to my natural roots.
I'm out in nature daily, as I find with a bit of weed it calms my nerves way better than anything currently on offer from medical 'experts' & have been considering md'ing Libs for some time. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I came across some AM the other day & then miraculously came across Amanita Dreamer so I've just ingested 3g lemon tek & let the good times roll.
But seriously, I retrained as a master herbalist & have been interested in the medical benefits of hallucinogens for a while so progression to fungi made perfect sense. This forum struck me as aimed entirely in the right direction i.e. research rather than constant recreational stories.
Amazing work anyway. Cheers.
Welcome. Happy to have you :)
~IDK who said this

GermanDreams
Been thanked: 0

Post by GermanDreams » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:11 pm

Hello all,

another German here. I'm Frank and started my fifties. My interest in Amanita started some years ago, when in a German mushroom page, I stumbled upon an experience report, where someone described his own several attempts of consuming dried Amanita in different dose ranges. This sounded very interesting, and seriously piqued my interest.

Fortunately, in the right time of the year the fly agaric is quite abundant in my region, and they are not difficult to find, so you can collect to your heart's content. I have some experience with the lower and mid dosage range, but got shy of delving so deep in Amanita land the experience might become overpowering. If the time and feeling is right, I might be brave enough someday. But on the other hand I don't want to overshadow what is a wonderful relationship now.

HipPanda

Post by HipPanda » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:08 am

Hello from South Carolina. I'm new to amanita but have enjoyed mushrooms on occasion. Thanks for creating this resource. I know we have these shrooms on my own property. I'm definitely looking forward to foraging and drying and enjoying! ❤️
These users thanked the author HipPanda for the post:
NickyBoy

Geronimo

Post by Geronimo » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:32 am

Hello,

I'm Geronimo from Belgium.
Thanks for having this great forum available for everyone interested in this magnificent mushroom! Where I live there is AM everywhere in season, even in the city parks. For now I'm only waiting for the temperature to drop a little more, rain has never been an issue. I will be able to harvest so much AM, I won't be able to store everything. When the first AM starts to come out, I feel like being on a treasure island filled with pure gold!
I know where they live and I have several spots nearby. They always come back. In october I always plan a hiking trip to the southern parts of Belgium where I do my last harvest deep in the woods. When being able to find AM in such a vast abundance everywhere, the feeling and connection to this fungi is extremely blissful. That is why I enjoy singing while harvesting (I never sing otherwise). I normaly come up with some kind of improvised song where I express my gratitude towards the specimens I pick. The entire harvesting process puts me literally into a trance.
Since I have missed last years harvest, I am planning to get back on track this year and enjoy the coming conversations with you guys, and with AM.

Greetings,
Geronimo

BornSaint
Been thanked: 0

Post by BornSaint » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:06 pm

Hello everyone from Latvia! I'm in my late 20's and am stepping on a Shamanic path taking in all the information that is coming my way. It all started with Ayahuasca who I see as my master teacher now but I'm very interested in what my native land can teach and show me so eventually I got lead to the beautiful Amanita. Thanks to Amanita Dreamer I found a lot of useful information and also an encouragement to create a relationship with this mushroom although I'm still hesitant to actually try it, my own fears are taking over big time. I've experienced unbelievably intense journeys with Aya, so I kind of feel that it could possibly not be crazier than that but knowing how these teachers work, you can never guess where and how they will take you and since I still got some work to do with the past and traumas and different emotions, I have a feeling that it might get intense haha.
So I'm happy to find this community and will keep absorbing all the information until I'm finally ready to start my own journey with this magnificent mushroom.

Love and peace to y'all

AlaskanGuy

Post by AlaskanGuy » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:28 pm

hello everybody

my name is Mark and I live very remote on an remote Island 200 miles off the coast of SE Alaska. I am not a recovering addict, or abnormal trauma of life. I am a bit of a weirdo i am sure though. I live way out, a trip to the post office is over 100 miles and 1/2 a day journey. a trip to wallmart in ketchikan is 4 hour drive and 4 hour boat ride combined... to me fast food is a deer or bear disappearing through the brush. I live a subsistence lifestyle and collect my water from the rain, i use satellite internet and power generated from hydro. the island I live on has a lot of dirt roads, they say a 1000 miles of them and is about the size of puerto rico... i grow food, hunt for bear, deer and geese/ducks for our meat mostly, fish for salmon, halibut, shrimp, crabs, clams and so forth. most folks see this sort of lifestyle as grandure and want it, but this island is littered with Alaskan dreams went bad when the reality of the sheer volume of work required to stay with it. i was nearly killed by a bear this year, stomped by a moose a few years back, and let me tell you alaska does not forgive the reckless. i carry a gun everywhere 9 months out of the year. I make my own powder and bullets and also build arrows.

i am a mushroom head from way back. i have studied everything i can about the mushrooms of our area. we have an incredible mushroom season here in the rain forest, and I put up close to 100 quarts of mushrooms as a minimum for food. for the last few years I have harvested aminitas and sold them dried to dealers.. but this year, as my pain levels increase due to a spinal injury and 7 surgeries over the last 15 years, i have been looking for something other then pain pills to help me sleep and manage my pain levels so i can maintain my activity level.

sooooo I will be around.... and will be posting lots of pictures of alaska and my life... so stand back....

have a blessed day!
These users thanked the author AlaskanGuy for the post:
Matt

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:53 pm

AlaskanGuy wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:28 pm
hello everybody

my name is Mark and I live very remote on an remote Island 200 miles off the coast of SE Alaska. I am not a recovering addict, or abnormal trauma of life. I am a bit of a weirdo i am sure though. I live way out, a trip to the post office is over 100 miles and 1/2 a day journey. a trip to wallmart in ketchikan is 4 hour drive and 4 hour boat ride combined... to me fast food is a deer or bear disappearing through the brush. I live a subsistence lifestyle and collect my water from the rain, i use satellite internet and power generated from hydro. the island I live on has a lot of dirt roads, they say a 1000 miles of them and is about the size of puerto rico... i grow food, hunt for bear, deer and geese/ducks for our meat mostly, fish for salmon, halibut, shrimp, crabs, clams and so forth. most folks see this sort of lifestyle as grandure and want it, but this island is littered with Alaskan dreams went bad when the reality of the sheer volume of work required to stay with it. i was nearly killed by a bear this year, stomped by a moose a few years back, and let me tell you alaska does not forgive the reckless. i carry a gun everywhere 9 months out of the year. I make my own powder and bullets and also build arrows.

i am a mushroom head from way back. i have studied everything i can about the mushrooms of our area. we have an incredible mushroom season here in the rain forest, and I put up close to 100 quarts of mushrooms as a minimum for food. for the last few years I have harvested aminitas and sold them dried to dealers.. but this year, as my pain levels increase due to a spinal injury and 7 surgeries over the last 15 years, i have been looking for something other then pain pills to help me sleep and manage my pain levels so i can maintain my activity level.

sooooo I will be around.... and will be posting lots of pictures of alaska and my life... so stand back....
Well we are happy to have you. God knows I could not live the way you live, but damn it is impressive. I hope to one day be half as self sufficient as you. As I understand it Alaska is the only place in the US with A Regalis. Ever find those? Anyway welcome and happy to have you.
~IDK who said this