Why is muscimol so desired?

Feel free to discuss what you want.
sb_stefan

Why is muscimol so desired?

Post by sb_stefan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:06 pm

I watched a video from Amanita Dreamer where she took a bite of a raw Amanita and seemed to enjoy several benefits from the ibotanic acid, but in all other videos she talks about how obtaining muscimol is the goal of the whole process. What makes it so special and how does the effect differ from ibo?

Thanks in advance.

tgt1002

Re: Why is muscimol so desired?

Post by tgt1002 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:19 pm

ibotenic acid gets negative effects at a lower dose than muscimol but there are still dose dependent positive effects of ibotenic acid. Typically you want it just not much of it and it depends on the effects you are going for.
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:20 pm

muscimol is the GABA agonist and ibotenic acid is the NMDA agonist and NDMA agonism seems to give negative effects that are pretty bad if you get too much
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

absinthium

Post by absinthium » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:33 am

I've had several experiences with Amanita so far. To me, microdosing unconverted stuff is more effective. I feel like that's because of the stronger effects of ibotenic acid.
But I'm telling this based on my limited experience, so I may change my opinions as I gain more experience. Although it's important as everyone says to convert it into muscimol if you're going to do higher doses.

ibotenicacidhead
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ibotenicacidhead » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:14 am

absinthium wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:33 am
I've had several experiences with Amanita so far. To me, microdosing unconverted stuff is more effective. I feel like that's because of the stronger effects of ibotenic acid.
But I'm telling this based on my limited experience, so I may change my opinions as I gain more experience. Although it's important as everyone says to convert it into muscimol if you're going to do higher doses.
How much do you microdose amanita? and how often? Do you eat a bite raw like @amanitadreamer did in her video?
Im very interested in trying, but i feel like taking very small steps and get to know and truly bond with this beautiful beast :)

Fungo

Post by Fungo » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:58 pm

I don´t know much, but it seems to be that muscimol works on the gabaergic system and ibotenic acid on the cholynergic system. Muscimol promotes some kind of calmness and the ibotenic acid works more like a nervous excitatory.

Donn

Post by Donn » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:16 pm

absinthium wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:33 am
We also do the conversion internally. Clearly not effectively enough that we can simply input ibotenic acid and get the same results as muscimol - but for all I know, the converted fraction could depend on dose level.

Also, I believe our "conversion" methods destroy a good deal of both, so whether ibotenic acid per se is stronger or not, the material that hasn't been through our process is probably a good deal stronger.