Let's introduce ourselves.

Feel free to discuss what you want.
GnomeOnTheTrail

Re: Let's introduce ourselves.

Post by GnomeOnTheTrail » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:05 am

Hey all,
I'm Gnome, or at least that's my trail name. :)
I'm 26. I live in the Pacific Northwest with my wife and 1 year old kid.
Thoughout my life I've battled against anxiety and depression and "attempts" at suicide. The former two of which I've had for as long as I can remember but have increased exponentially within this recent couple years. I did self-medicate with marijuana for about a year now until last month and although that's been beneficial for me in my anxiety it's only masked the real issues that I have with myself. I've had a really difficult time keeping a job mostly because of my depression and anxiety and I've realized that something needs to change but I've always felt like my mind is in a fog and that there's something that I need to uncover to face and deal with. I've explored the possibility of psilocybin however since it's illegal where I live it's not something that I'm willing to put myself out there to dabble in.
I found Amanita Dreamer's channel through watching some of the podcasts that Joe Rogan did with Dennis McKenna and YouTube thankfully recommended her channel to me. I found the honesty and openness and thoroughness of her research to be a breath of fresh air in my search to try and find something that might work for me and I finally ordered some amanita caps which I'm looking forward to trying in a microdose capacity.
I do wonder what you would recommend for a first trip though if I want "the work" to be done if I should do more than 15g worth in the tea at once or if micro dosing would be enough to have that work done in my mind and hopefully repairing the damage that's been done over the years. I'm open to any feedback on what all your experiences are so I can draw from that I would appreciate it.
I pray that you all experience peace during this trying time in our world and look forward to becoming part of this community as we journey together.
See you on the trail,
Gnome
These users thanked the author GnomeOnTheTrail for the post:
Saint.James

luxy.ferrous
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by luxy.ferrous » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:49 pm

Hi @All, new to the Amanita ecosystem here and interested to learn as much as possible about it especially because I want to use it to deal with long, chronic depression and anxiety.
A question I have is, what is the best way to preserve for long time fresh collected Amanita?
Another one, what is the most potent form of administration - tincture, dried etc. ?
Third, where I can find info about micro-dosing ?
Thank you
Luc

nevastarn

Post by nevastarn » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:55 am

Hello!
My name is Neva; I currently live in Southeast Texas. Forgive my lack of knowledge, lol, I am new to all this!

I am an Autistic woman who is interested in trying this mushroom as a help for anxiety. I want to learn more about it before I do so.

However, I am also wondering about A) legality and B) where I can purchase.
I am unable to just find it myself as seems to be common; so is there some website, etc that has them?

Just trying to figure all this out!
Thanks in advance! 💜

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:35 pm

nevastarn wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:55 am
Hello!
My name is Neva; I currently live in Southeast Texas. Forgive my lack of knowledge, lol, I am new to all this!

I am an Autistic woman who is interested in trying this mushroom as a help for anxiety. I want to learn more about it before I do so.

However, I am also wondering about A) legality and B) where I can purchase.
I am unable to just find it myself as seems to be common; so is there some website, etc that has them?

Just trying to figure all this out!
Thanks in advance! 💜
I recommend Soma Supplies in the US they are the best vendor I have come across. Also welcome feel free to PM me if you have further vendor questions I am like you and so far unable to find them myself
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this

Saint.James

Post by Saint.James » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:31 pm

Hello, everyone!
My name is Niko. What a blessing to have found this beautiful website, and what a crucial time to be doing this work.
Thank you to all! I live in the PNW (outside of Portland) about 10 years ago, I used Amanita Muscaria, but nothing like this site existed. therefore, my dose, intention, and just general knowledge of what to expect were all off. I ended up brushing it off as another one of those cheesy "legal highs" that don't do much.
Over the years I have developed relationships with many plants and fungus, and learned how to tap into he more subtle aspects of how they communicate. This fall I decided to harvest as much Amanita as I could fill my basket with, as you can not walk 10 feet in the forest on the Oregon coast without tripping on one. After drying, I have now worked with this mushroom for the past two days and all I can say is WOW! Absolutely divine. I cannot believe it has taken this long for me to discover this mushroom's power! Heavenly bliss is what comes to mind. This is the healing I have been looking for. I am very much looking forward to learning and collaborating and contributing my own research to this community, and I am very grateful for you all being here, especially to AmanitaDreamer! May you all have health in the body, peace in the spirit, and love in the heart.
In celebration of life, Be well!

--Niko

PS, don't hesitate to reach out if you live in the area! my partner and I have some property outside of PDX and love new friends.
These users thanked the author Saint.James for the post:
Amanita Research

Nomad

Post by Nomad » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:26 pm

Hello All, I'm Nomad. I've lived all over the US and I've just now settled down in Central NY, it's been a long time coming.
I've discovered my passion for Mycology in the last few years and with the recent find of some Amanita Muscaria Var Guessoweii in my yard. I've decided to start my journey of self healing with Psychedelics.
I'm into many different things. Blacksmithing, homebrewing, baking bread with wild yeast (sourdough), and I hope to expand further with the help of all of you. I'm eager to learn and offer any knowledge I have freely.

I look forward to being a part of this community. :D
These users thanked the author Nomad for the post:
NickyBoy

drabzz

Post by drabzz » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:45 pm

Hi Everyone,

I must confess to having been a lurker for some time on this forum. But now I'm ready to step in and engage with this wonderful community of scientists, shamen, spiritually-minded souls and misfits like myself!

I'm no stranger to the psychoactive effects of mushrooms, having experimented many times with liberty cap and other psilocybin mushrooms. I am however, rather new to the phenomenon that is amanita muscaria, and the more I learn the more fascinated I become.

I live in the UK and large quantities of beautiful bright red fly agarics fruit in abundance here in the mid to late autumn. They really do beckon! On many an occasion I have found myself idly drawing and painting them, because they are so wonderfully photogenic and alluring!

I'm in my sixties now and rather content with my lot, but I am super curious to discover facets of myself I may have overlooked in my journey through this phase of my existence.

I shall no doubt turn to you all for guidance on occasion, and I trust that I myself may be able to contribute at some time in the future.

Much love,

Drabzz
The Universe wants us to succeed!

ashlib

Post by ashlib » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:12 pm

My name is Ashli, I live on the beach of NC. I was recently introduced to Amanitas by a friend. I am a "bodywork therapist" by trade, with a very unique style I call "nerve and fascia" work. but Really I do is energetic work through tissue manipulation. I literally feel energy for a living. (how IS your aura btw :-) ;- I mean IT Band... I am an empath, intercessor, seeker of the light. I have had trauma in life, and probably a hint... of neurological (wth) ptsd. My friend found some amanitas in around here and shared ..... I will ask him how much he shared. But it looked like about an oz oz fluffy canno bus ..dried. (Well, he said 17g) I made into a tea... and started with about a half teaspoon. after hour.. nothing.. very long story short. I sipped on tea ever hour all morning. and my 1pm I drank half the tea and felt nothing. I was SAD. I did notice slight cold sweat.. but nothing... I Knew Not To Take More... so at night, when was almost bed time 7, 8 pm.. I was stubborn and went to put the tea away.... and had 1 more baby sip. for shear stubbornness....as was putting away. I stayed up couple more hours.. really didn't feel much... Well around ? 2-3 am , *and I study chinese time clock 24 hour meridian time clock) but I didn't really check time.. the COLD SWEAT started happening...... and, um - it was buckets, and it was more buckets. The pillows took much time to dry out! I had to shower, I got sick, both ends and .. that was my experience. I honestly feel like coldness was released from my bones (spirit) I tried to find some yesterday.. didn't. The spot where he found them has been harvested like 5-6 times... So basically, I do wish to find more. I have some dry caps I just nibble on , in the am... and - I do feel good. in general. All the other people who took from this batch, did notice effects. I was the odd ball.. But, that isn't really different :-) My friend said the thought I might not be a chemical match.... but - I think there is more to the story and I would like to - keep getting healed. so, Since my brain, is - the way it is.. I thought I would touch base. I wish I could get some great recommendations of where to buy, that is safe. as safety first is my motto. Does anyone have any thoughts on the cold sweats? I do know my body farily well. and - dampness and cold were being released from my bones / spirit. But now what.. microdose? go for the trip? I tried to ask the mushies where they live around here... but.. I got nothing :-) ;-) Thankful for great communities of healing, health and truth..Image
Attachments
fascia is stretchy.jpg
fascia is stretchy.jpg (8.38 KiB) Viewed 4554 times
9e5546_660bb7e3c20c4002bf74a179e28b9282.png
9e5546_660bb7e3c20c4002bf74a179e28b9282.png (816.18 KiB) Viewed 4554 times
5 element basics.jpg
5 element basics.jpg (126.26 KiB) Viewed 4554 times

Jumperpuddle

Post by Jumperpuddle » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:04 am

Hi
My name is Richard Druery
I would be proud to have all of you beautiful souls friends on Facebook.
I have astral traveled in my sleep many times and it led me here.

Puddlejumper

Chernp

Post by Chernp » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:25 am

I'm Paul 37 years old from chicago.

Been looking for healing from anxiety and depression for past several years. Familiar with aya, and mushrooms mainly. Also just tapered from a 12 year benzo prescription and looking to further heal the nervous system. Your stories all seem very interesting and I just learned about Amita from amita dreamers youtube channel a week ago. Looking to learn more about this and give it a try soon as well. Thanks everyone.and grateful to have stumbled here.