Got some Amanita and want to microdose, now what?

Feel free to discuss what you want.
AmanitaN00b

Got some Amanita and want to microdose, now what?

Post by AmanitaN00b » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:31 pm

Hey All,

I've been following Amanita Dreamer YouTube, and was interested in microdosing Amanita. Unfortunately I didn't manage to find any locally and now the season is pretty much over. However, I did buy some from AmanitaStore, and they arrived today!

I asked AmanitaStore how they dried them, and they said they were "dried around 24 hours in 40 degree celsius."

My understanding is that this has not converted the Ibotenic acid into muscimol (and you need to dry them at a higher temp). Can I re-dry them at a higher temp (70c?) or should I just follow Amanita's tea recipe? and finally…when should I add the lemon juice in?

Sorry for all the questions, feeling like a bit of a noob and don't want to overdose on it.

TLDR; Purchased Amanitas from AmanitaStore and want to microdose, what should I do?

Happy to be part of this lovely community.

Thank you!
IMG_0720.jpg
IMG_0720.jpg (673.55 KiB) Viewed 4298 times
Learning about the magical fly agaric.

piwek40

Re: Got some Amanita and want to microdose, now what?

Post by piwek40 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:36 pm

According to Donald's Teeter book "Herb of immortality " it's all correct, you can dry them 40 C-50C in shaded place for 1-2 days, if they are crispy dry it's all good :D

AmanitaN00b

Post by AmanitaN00b » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:56 pm

piwek40 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:36 pm
According to Donald's Teeter book "Herb of immortality " it's all correct, you can dry them 40C-50C in shaded place for 1-2 days, if they are crispy dry it's all good :D
Yup, they are crispy and dry, but I know @amanitadreamer suggests drying them at a warmer temp, 70-80 degrees celsius I believe. I was just keen to convert as much of the Ibotenic acid as possible. Just hoping for some guidance from people who have done or are doing similar.

I did nibble just a really tiny bit of a dry cap earlier (as I couldn't resist). Around 30 mins later I felt a little energetic, and then later on I felt like I was producing a little more saliva than usual, then around an hour later I started yawning (was only 6pm so not usual for me to be that tired then). I generally felt great though.

Can such a small nibble of a cap be responsible for that? or would it have been a placebo?

Either way, I am excited to get to know the Fly Agaric a little better.
Learning about the magical fly agaric.

piwek40

Post by piwek40 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:29 pm

AmanitaN00b wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:56 pm
piwek40 wrote:
According to Donald's Teeter book "Herb of immortality " it's all correct, you can dry them 40C-50C in shaded place for 1-2 days, if they are crispy dry it's all good :D
Yup, they are crispy and dry, but I know @amanitadreamer suggests drying them at a warmer temp, 70-80 degrees celsius I believe. I was just keen to convert as much of the Ibotenic acid as possible. Just hoping for some guidance from people who have done or are doing similar.

I did nibble just a really tiny bit of a dry cap earlier (as I couldn't resist). Around 30 mins later I felt a little energetic, and then later on I felt like I was producing a little more saliva than usual, then around an hour later I started yawning (was only 6pm so not usual for me to be that tired then). I generally felt great though.

Can such a small nibble of a cap be responsible for that? or would it have been a placebo?

It could be both, if I can add a penny, it's good to cure them in a well sealed bag or jar for about 3 month, during this time they lose hydrazine if they have any and increase they potency, ask your supplier when they have been dried.

piwek40

Post by piwek40 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:52 pm

piwek40 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:29 pm
AmanitaN00b wrote:
piwek40 wrote:

It could be both, if I can add a penny, it's good to cure them in a well sealed bag or jar for about 3 month, during this time they lose hydrazine if they have any and increase they potency, ask your supplier when they have been dried.
Sorry if I have messed up in your post, I'm still learning how to operate on forum :D

Donn

Post by Donn » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:01 pm

AmanitaN00b wrote:
That placebo effect is quite powerful. If "really tiny" means what I think it means, that's probably it , though the symptoms sound accurate. You'll know more if you increase the quantity, but ... if you like what you got from that really tiny piece, I guess it doesn't really matter if it's a placebo or not. As I understand microdosing, it's really supposed to be at a level where you couldn't reliably at all distinguish it from a placebo effect, so you have to embrace that possibility.

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:33 pm

piwek40 wrote:
According to Donald's Teeter book "Herb of immortality " it's all correct, you can dry them 40 C-50C in shaded place for 1-2 days, if they are crispy dry it's all good :D
Most of the information in Teeter's book has been found to be false time after time, by scholars and the scientific community. This forum is science based. I don't care if you like or dislike me or my videos or opinions. I leave the science in the description of every video. This is not a difference of opinion. Science is not an opinion. Without high enough heat less than 5% conversion takes place.
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post:
GnomeOnTheTrail
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:36 pm

AmanitaN00b wrote:
piwek40 wrote:

I am highly sensitive to drugs or anything that affects the gabinergic systems, you may be also. I have taken bites of it raw, small ones and gotten seriously hyped up with energy and other symptoms along with salivation and sweating. Please do not use much of this at a time since it has not been dried at heat and hasn't been converted.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
YouTube Amanita Dreamer

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:41 pm

piwek40 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:52 pm
piwek40 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:29 pm
AmanitaN00b wrote:

Sorry if I have messed up in your post, I'm still learning how to operate on forum :D
Again, this is not true. They increase in conversion only slightly with about 3% more happening over a few weeks after you dry them at high heat. There is no hydrazine. They cannot increase in potency, there is no more additional ibotenic acid after they open or are dried. READ THE SCIENCE. If you continue to post seriously inaccurate information here, your ability to post will be restricted. If you want to post mystical information we have graciously allowed the ambrosia society members and their magical science denying bs to have an area on our forum. Perhaps you need to go there.
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post:
Arktos
YouTube Amanita Dreamer

piwek40

Post by piwek40 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:47 pm

amanitadreamer wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:33 pm
piwek40 wrote:
Most of the information in Teeter's book has been found to be false time after time, by scholars and the scientific community. This forum is science based. I don't care if you like or dislike me or my videos or opinions. I leave the science in the description of every video. This is not a difference of opinion. Science is not an opinion. Without high enough heat less than 5% conversion takes place.
If I good remember in one of your video you was talking that you dried your AM in some kind of net hang up in bathroom?