Is Amanita safe at any age?

Feel free to discuss what you want.
BoundaryCrack
Has thanked: 0

Is Amanita safe at any age?

Post by BoundaryCrack » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:34 pm

I remember Amanita Dreamer saying that she advises against taking the Amanita if you are under 25 because the brain isn't yet fully developed and there could be complications. Is this still the generally agreed upon sentiment? Do we have any science on this topic?
Just thinking about it I feel it is unlikely that if humans historically used the Amanita that they would have waited until they were 25.
I'm 21 now so I'm asking for myself if I have anything to worry about if I decide to have an experience or if it is wiser to hold out for a few years.
These users thanked the author BoundaryCrack for the post:
Fungo

Fungo

Re: Is Amanita safe at any age?

Post by Fungo » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:45 pm

BoundaryCrack wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:34 pm
I remember Amanita Dreamer saying that she advises against taking the Amanita if you are under 25 because the brain isn't yet fully developed and there could be complications. Is this still the generally agreed upon sentiment? Do we have any science on this topic?
Just thinking about it I feel it is unlikely that if humans historically used the Amanita that they would have waited until they were 25.
I'm 21 now so I'm asking for myself if I have anything to worry about if I decide to have an experience or if it is wiser to hold out for a few years.
I´ve also asked myself about this whole "safety" thing in regards to Amanitas, and came to the conclusion that there are no standards. To start with, there is a huge variability in active compounds from one specimen to another. Then there is the conversion and preservation of the dried caps. I am currently more of the idea that there is magic in this mushroom, as a chemist said referring to Amanita muscaria, which IS a toxic mushroom, specially toxic to the liver. It is always more what we can not know about this fungal species than what we can learn as individuals. So, I would say there are many imponderables implied, which makes it hard to think that someone may "own the truth" sort to say.
These users thanked the author Fungo for the post:
Donn

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:56 pm

BoundaryCrack wrote:
Amanita Dreamer has her own thoughts and feelings about the use of this mushroom and sometimes they are quite different from what she can or must say publicly.
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post:
Arktos
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:58 pm

Fungo wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:45 pm
BoundaryCrack wrote:
I´ve also asked myself about this whole "safety" thing in regards to Amanitas, and came to the conclusion that there are no standards. To start with, there is a huge variability in active compounds from one specimen to another. Then there is the conversion and preservation of the dried caps. I am currently more of the idea that there is magic in this mushroom, as a chemist said referring to Amanita muscaria, which IS a toxic mushroom, specially toxic to the liver. It is always more what we can not know about this fungal species than what we can learn as individuals. So, I would say there are many imponderables implied, which makes it hard to think that someone may "own the truth" sort to say.
Just correcting one statement here, muscaroids to not harm the liver or kidneys, we can't even find conversion happening in the liver. The ammatoxins in the deadly amanitas DO attack the liver and kidneys, but not the muscaroids. Your chemistry friend isn't paying attention to the differences between the two which is sadly very common among the "professionals"
Arktos
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
YouTube Amanita Dreamer

Fungo

Post by Fungo » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:12 pm

amanitadreamer wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:58 pm
Fungo wrote:
BoundaryCrack wrote:
Just correcting one statement here, muscaroids to not harm the liver or kidneys, we can't even find conversion happening in the liver. The ammatoxins in the deadly amanitas DO attack the liver and kidneys, but not the muscaroids. Your chemistry friend isn't paying attention to the differences between the two which is sadly very common among the "professionals"
Well, I was referring to a danish chemist who developed Gaboxadol saying literally that "there is magic in this mushroom" in Hamilton´s farmacopeia chapter dedicated to muscaria, where he also discourages the use of the mushroom due to it´s toxicity. And Amanita muscaria is mentioned as a "liver frier" in Henriette´s herbal. It should be interesting to have transaminase readings before and after a certain period of Am use.

amanitadreamer

Post by amanitadreamer » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:47 pm

Fungo wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:12 pm
amanitadreamer wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:58 pm
Fungo wrote:

Just correcting one statement here, muscaroids do not harm the liver or kidneys, we can't even find conversion happening in the liver. The ammatoxins in the deadly amanitas DO attack the liver and kidneys, but not the muscaroids. Your chemistry friend isn't paying attention to the differences between the two which is sadly very common among the "professionals"
Well, I was referring to a danish chemist who developed Gaboxadol saying literally that "there is magic in this mushroom" in Hamilton´s farmacopeia chapter dedicated to muscaria, where he also discourages the use of the mushroom due to it´s toxicity. And Amanita muscaria is mentioned as a "liver frier" in Henriette´s herbal. It should be interesting to have transaminase readings before and after a certain period of Am use.
It's shocking how much bad information is in books and is quoted by "professionals" who should know better. Really just alarming. The science is there, has been for 30 years or more. And still doctors, especially emergency room docs, think this mushroom is deadly, attacks the liver, prescribes benzos for treatment, etc.... I regularly have doctors comment on my videos shaming me for giving info on using this mushroom and then liver blah blah blah...
Books are notoriously horrid in their treatment of this mushroom. Except for most recent ones.
And it's because of this like this:
https://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/mush.html

See how they say it is "related" to "other" deadly and then liver xyz. It's irresponsible in my opinion. And it's rampant.
Arktos
YouTube Amanita Dreamer

tgt1002

Post by tgt1002 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:05 pm

It is true that muscimol and ibotenic acid are far more toxic than gaboxodal that chemical is insanely non toxic, but remember dose makes the poison.
These users thanked the author tgt1002 for the post:
amanitadreamer
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
~IDK who said this