Mushroom Magic Workshop Thread

Feel free to discuss what you want.
amanitadreamer

Mushroom Magic Workshop Thread

Post by amanitadreamer » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:01 am

Thread for the workshop Mushroom Magic with the San Francisco Psychedelic Society in July 2021
https://psychedelicsocietysf.org/events/
Please do not post or comment if you are not in this workshop, thank you!
These users thanked the author amanitadreamer for the post:
Kia
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
AmanitaDreamer.Net for videos on amanita
Community/mushroomvoice.com
YouTube Amanita Dreamer
Instagram @amanitadreamer

heart.visions

Supplies for Micro-dosing/ Experience with Smoke Blends

Post by heart.visions » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:47 pm

I am wondering if anyone knows where to get those plastic vials that Amanita Dreamer showed for storing the amanita liquid for micro-dosing?

Also, does anyone have any experience with smoking Dreamer's smoke blends? I bought both the Sweet Addiction and Sweet Dreams smoke blends this past Etsy drop, but then I watched one of Dreamer's videos that suggested having experience with micro-dosing before embarking into smoking amanita and so I wasn't sure if I should refrain from using the smoke blends until after I finish an initial micro-dosing protocol? I'm not sure if this video was referring specifically to smoking pure amanita, or if this also applies to the smoke blends? I'm also not sure how many hits to take of the smoke blend? Just curious if anyone has experience with smoking these blends and what kind of effect you get from them! Part of me is curious about experimenting with smoking them before I begin micro-dosing, but I'm not sure if that is advised against or not.

I am very excited about the possibilities of this sacred medicine and grateful for your insights!

nickybluelove
Has thanked: 0

First time making tea and microdosing

Post by nickybluelove » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:24 pm

hi, everyone. I will be making the tea for the first time today.
Can I use filtered water instead of distilled?
I ordered the AM online and it is dried but not cracker crisp and still bendy. Can I go ahead and make the tea with it or do I need to dry it more?--(I have watched the videos but I'm still confused about this point)
Thank you!
These users thanked the author nickybluelove for the post:
heart.visions

Kia
Been thanked: 0

Re: Mushroom Magic Workshop Thread

Post by Kia » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:11 pm

Can I use the whole amanita or just the Cap?

heart.visions

Re: First time making tea and microdosing

Post by heart.visions » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:04 pm

nickybluelove wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:24 pm
I ordered the AM online and it is dried but not cracker crisp and still bendy. Can I go ahead and make the tea with it or do I need to dry it more?--(I have watched the videos but I'm still confused about this point)
Thank you!
Oh amazing! I was hoping to order some online today to make the tea in the coming weeks. The place that I was going to order them from mentioned that do not dry them over 100 degrees, and I remember the course slides saying that they should be heated over 160 F to begin to decarb. I'm not sure how long we should dry them for when they arrive already dried at a lower temperature?
Last edited by heart.visions on Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heart.visions

Tincture vs. tea for micro-dosing

Post by heart.visions » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:36 pm

I remember that it was mentioned in class that the tea is the only form that should be used for micro-dosing, and that the tincture should not be used for micro-dosing, but I don't exactly remember why this is. I saw that several of the distributors that are recommended on Amanita Dreamer's website do sell the tincture and the descriptions say that it can be used for micro-dosing, so I'm confused.

amanitadreamer

Re: Supplies for Micro-dosing/ Experience with Smoke Blends

Post by amanitadreamer » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:23 pm

heart.visions wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:47 pm
I am wondering if anyone knows where to get those plastic vials that Amanita Dreamer showed for storing the amanita liquid for micro-dosing?

Also, does anyone have any experience with smoking Dreamer's smoke blends? I bought both the Sweet Addiction and Sweet Dreams smoke blends this past Etsy drop, but then I watched one of Dreamer's videos that suggested having experience with micro-dosing before embarking into smoking amanita and so I wasn't sure if I should refrain from using the smoke blends until after I finish an initial micro-dosing protocol? I'm not sure if this video was referring specifically to smoking pure amanita, or if this also applies to the smoke blends? I'm also not sure how many hits to take of the smoke blend? Just curious if anyone has experience with smoking these blends and what kind of effect you get from them! Part of me is curious about experimenting with smoking them before I begin micro-dosing, but I'm not sure if that is advised against or not.

I am very excited about the possibilities of this sacred medicine and grateful for your insights!
I was referring to smoking amanita straight without it being in a blend. You're good.
The sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. ~Sufi
YouTube Amanita Dreamer

amanitadreamer

Re: First time making tea and microdosing

Post by amanitadreamer » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:24 pm

nickybluelove wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:24 pm
Thank you!
You can use filtered water. The purpose of cracker dry is for storage. You can make the tea with it in any state, raw, bendy, dried, etc...
YouTube Amanita Dreamer

amanitadreamer

Re: Mushroom Magic Workshop Thread

Post by amanitadreamer » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:25 pm

Kia wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:11 pm
Can I use the whole amanita or just the Cap?
Hi Kia, just the cap. The stipe has very little actives in it.
heart.visions
YouTube Amanita Dreamer

amanitadreamer

Re: Tincture vs. tea for micro-dosing

Post by amanitadreamer » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:28 pm

heart.visions wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:36 pm
I remember that it was mentioned in class that the tea is the only form that should be used for micro-dosing, and that the tincture should not be used for micro-dosing, but I don't exactly remember why this is. I saw that several of the distributors that are recommended on Amanita Dreamer's website do sell the tincture and the descriptions say that it can be used for micro-dosing, so I'm confused.
Most vendors make the tincture wrong and if they make it correctly, you're going to get very little of it in a small dropper bottle. Most vendors put the mushroom in vodka. Ethanol is a very weak extractor of the actives so it will be a weak solution. If they do make the tea then add vodka as a preservative, then that's a small amount of tea in a dropper bottle. And you'd wind up using most of that in a week. It's better to make the tea.
heart.visions
YouTube Amanita Dreamer