Amanita - my first time use micro dosing, how I did it and how it went.

Feel free to discuss what you want.
GoodLifeRobbie
Has thanked: 0

Amanita - my first time use micro dosing, how I did it and how it went.

Post by GoodLifeRobbie » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:08 pm

Hi all - my name is Rob [live in the UK] and I've been doing some research on Amanita Muscaria for the last month or so and I wanted to put down what it was like to try it for the first time, how I did it in a step by step process. I suffer from generalised anxiety and wanted to see if this helped reduce it.

1) I bought 30 grams dry Amanita from this company https://amanita.lt/ - it arrived in good time and seemed to have been well processed. Have looked it up and pretty sure it is not illegal to own this in the UK.
2) Using info from Amanita Dreamer video here on making tea https://www.amanitadreamer.net/general-5 I took 5 grams worth [using various parts of different mushrooms so as to get a more consistent content]. She uses 15 grams in the video to 250ml water - I used 5 grams because starting out I want to start very low dosage.
3) Using the info in the video I made a tea using the 5 grams of mixed mushrooms and 250ml of water.
4) After 25 minutes on the rolling boil [watch the above video - I watched it twice before I made the tea ] I used a large syringe to fill an ice cube tray up with each 'cube' being 7ml give or take.
5) The ice cube video which is also on the same page here https://www.amanitadreamer.net/general-5
6) 5ml of this mixture I put in a glass with x2 slices of lemon and added hot water - this is to further decarb the ibotenic acid to muscimol - and this process is well explained in the vid 'Using Lemon Tek - When and Why' [same place here https://www.amanitadreamer.net/general-5].
7) I drank half of this [note it was 7pm in the evening and I had not eaten since 2pm as wanted to try on an empty stomach]. So only equivalent of 2.5ml-3ml and equates to 0.06g - not a lot but there's no rush and can always build the dose up.

It only took a few minutes to feel effects which are hard to describe and were not overly strong [but came on fast because of having an empty stomach?]. Lay down and listened to relaxing music and after a few slightly nervous minutes began to feel a warm, feel good feeling. And lying there felt natural and fine without the need to do much. It definitely seemed to reduce generalised anxiety and without that there you automatically feel relaxed. Also I noticed that it reduces the power of repetitive thoughts... they still come but they seem to die away quickly rather than becoming a stuck record in your head.

Read for a bit at 9pm, went to sleep at 10pm. Woke up at 7am without having any unusual dreams but feeling peaceful.

For now I am going to keep micro dosing each evening around 7-8pm and see how it works out. Did make me feel drowsy so will try during the day [without adding lemon juice] when I have a day that I don't have anything too much to do and don't need to go out anywhere.
These users thanked the author GoodLifeRobbie for the post (total 3):
ArktosLoyoMaryyarm

Arktos

Re: Amanita - my first time use micro dosing, how I did it and how it went.

Post by Arktos » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:38 pm

Hi, thank you for your report.
Last edited by Arktos on Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Arktos for the post:
Loyo
Arktos in my case refers to the bear, nothing else.

GoodLifeRobbie

Post by GoodLifeRobbie » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:55 am

Yep I agree in that I think micro dosing should be combined with a programme of good diet and exercise. But without it being too gruelling.

One other type of exercise that I have found good is the Wim Hoff Method [you can download the app under WHM]. I got the app and paid for a year and it really helps to get you to do a breathing cycle once a day . Am on day 40. You can start off with doing 5 breaths per round to begin with as it has a fairly powerful effect and it goes without saying need to take into account any illness you may have where you need to adapt it for your own needs so if you have a chronic illness you'd need to work out if it was for you or not.

I started doing 5 breath rounds for 3 rounds the first week, then 10 breath rounds the 2nd etc.

These days I tend not to be too hard on myself for not sticking to a schedule.

As a further note ref micro dosing I did another similar amount micro dose on consecutive days after the 1st one - but without so much effect as the first time. I'm going to switch to doing every 3rd or 4th day rather than a daily micro dose and see how that works.

GoodLifeRobbie

Post by GoodLifeRobbie » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:02 pm

Update - did another micro dose 3 days after that last one - less noticeable effects than the first one - very hard to put your finger on the effects as to how it works for me. I took the micro dose then was doing some bits on the computer and got a weird feeling that I should not be doing that so went to lie down. After 30 minutes or so had an urge to dig out a keyboard and plink around for a bit playing some notes.

Slept ok I guess.

Next few days had odd sharp pains [uncomfortable not unbearable] and not all the time but in the top of my head in one area. Not a headache but thought likely they will pass. After 2 or 3 days they got less intense and now on day 5 they are gone. This may be nothing or everything to do with taking a microdose.

Another thing I noticed yesterday was I got a shitty unreasonable e-mail from one of my customers - my adrenaline shot up as in I could feel the flight or fight response turn on. Usually this sort of thing would piss me off but the emotion and physiological response was not as fresh and intense as this.

Had it today as well - not sure what the trigger was but could feel the adrenaline in my veins, butterflys in stomach. Lasted for an hour or so.

It seems to be re setting my sympathetic nervous system [or it may have helped activate my para sympathetic nervous system and the effects are wearing off?]
These users thanked the author GoodLifeRobbie for the post:
Maryyarm