Amanita for benzo withdrawal and GABA regeneration

Feel free to discuss what you want.
Katzen

Amanita for benzo withdrawal and GABA regeneration

Post by Katzen » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:37 am

Hello
I just bought amanita for the first time yesterday and I am waiting to receive it.
I found out about amanita looking everywhere for a way to help my husband with benzo withdrawal.
He had been having issues for a while with anxiety and insomnia.
He was prescribeb Xanax which made his gaba issues even worse since he tried to stop soon after and got mysteriously sick each time he tried.
He went cold turkey a couple times and now he has a paradox effect.
About a week and so ago, his symptoms got worse and he now has a very debilitating tinnitus.
He still doesn't sleep ans the tinnitus has gotten so bad he is having constant suicidal thoughts. He is in horrible pain everywhere as well.
I am desperate and at this point, I see this mushroom as my only hope.
I bought the mushroom from one of the places the creador of this forum recommends
I've been doing research but I wanted to know if somebody had any insight about this.
If other people maybe had a similar experience and amanita helped them and recommendations as to how to use it.
Needless to say, we have been to the ER about 5 times and zero help. Last time they even kicked him out when he could barely walk. We have lost all our faith in regular medicine and all they seem to know is to give him more drugs that affect his gaba the same way, so we feel trapped in an endless nightmare.
Please I need help

LakesideDreamer
Been thanked: 0

Re: Amanita for benzo withdrawal and GABA regeneration

Post by LakesideDreamer » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:11 am

I also experience generalized anxiety and panic attacks and am tapering off a benzodiazepine that I’ve been on for a year (1 mg clonazepam/day. I decreased the dose to .5 mg on Jan. 5.) A friend gifted me with Amanita tincture sent from one of the approved vendors. I had no idea how much to take for a microdose and decided to start with a tiny amount of one drop in a glass of water on January 1, 2022. (The thought of taking too high a dose increased my anxiety, so I’m starting very slowly.) On January 2, I took two drops etc. until I reached January 7 when I took seven drops. It was at this time that I watched the video on Microdosing and learned that I should only do it three days in a row. I did seven days in a row but I was trying to find my microdose. What I noticed on six or seven drops is a feeling of contentment and calm. So I skipped today and will skip the next two. Then I will take 7 drops on January 11, then 6 drops on Jan 14 and follow the schedule recommended by Amarita Dreamer. I’d appreciate any thoughts or feedback. Amanita Dreamer says that the benzos will take precedence over the mushroom. I’m sorry your husband is having such a hard time. I suggest reading the Ashton Protocol as suggested by Amanita Dreamer. That’s what she did. She was suicidal, too. Her story/experience is compelling. Google “Ashton Protocol” which discusses, among other things, the importance of tapering off benzos very slowly. I think it will be helpful. Don’t give up! Your husband’s doctor and pharmacists should be informed and they should provide support. I also take 3 capsules of Alpha GABA by Neuro Science each night before bed and 1 tablet of Himalayan brand of Ashwagandha before dinner. Try to find a psychiatrist who practices Integrative medicine for help. They can test neurotransmitter levels and get a better understanding of your husband’s situation.

Casperko
Has thanked: 0

Post by Casperko » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:54 pm

Where can I see a list of "the approved vendors" that you mention?

I'm also getting of benzos (diazepam) and Lyrica (pregabaline).

Plantman72

Post by Plantman72 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:01 am

Casperko wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:54 pm
Where can I see a list of "the approved vendors" that you mention?

I'm also getting of benzos (diazepam) and Lyrica (pregabaline).
You can find some recommended suppliers here: https://www.amanitadreamer.net/buy

Also, in a few days A. Dreamer's new site will be running: https://www.mushroomvoice.com/

Best wishes
These users thanked the author Plantman72 for the post:
Arktos

Katzen

Post by Katzen » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:12 am

Sadly, he can't follow the tapering process (ashton) since, as I mentioned, he has a paradox effect now. He can't take any GABA either because of this. On forums about people dealing with benzos several people have mentioned that taking gaba supplements and other synthetic gaba is not good for the long term since you're not allowing your natural healing process to start correctly as you keep adding synthetic substances. That the nest way is to leave it alone, as harsh as that may be. We've been so much research, and that's how we got to this forum, but so far nobody seems to know what the difference is between how the mushroom affects gaba and other substances since that is our concern (as he gets worse now if he takes anything gaba related). We are concerned about this very specific point. But nobody seems to address that or taking the mushroom specifically for rebound insomnia (since the reason he was prescribed xanax was insomnia in the first place and it just got worse after he put xanax in his body). We have the mushrooms but haven't tried them yet since we haven't been able to find information related to how this mushroom attaches to the gaba receptors differently (and maybe in a healthier way that will actually heal him). His body is so messed yp we are afraid of anything since many simple/naturalish things thay people recommend seem to actually not be good for benzo withdrawal (i.e. gaba supplements, magnesium, etc)

EnduringInsanity

Post by EnduringInsanity » Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:54 am

I'm sorry to hear this, I am also going to benzo withdrawal and it's pure hell. I am a month off Clonazepam CT and I feel like my symptoms keep getting worse.

But to maybe answer some of your questions, muscimol does bind to GABAA receptors, but differently then other GABA agonists, and completely unrelated to how benzodiazepines interact with the receptor. Benzodiazepines don't bind at the same spot on the receptor as GABA or muscimol, so while benzodiazepines may be causing paradoxical effects it doesn't mean muscimol might. GABA supplements are completely useless as GABA can't even cross the Blood Brain Barrier. All that to say Amanita is definitely worth a try, the risk of worsening symtoms for a few hours is worth the potential benefits.

If you are still wanting something that will not go anywhere near the GABA system, I would recommend pregabalin. Despite the name is doesn't interact with GABA at all, instead it lowers glutamate levels, which is brains primary excitatory neurotransmitter. Caution is definitely is needed with pregabalin as it can have pretty nasty withdrawal comparable to benzodiazepines, so it shouldn't be taken for more then 2 weeks consecutively. A week on, week off is a good model to follow.

The last recommendation I would make, and this might be a controversial one, is kratom. It's a weak natural opioid which will mask a lot of symptoms. It's still addictive as opioids are but not at the level as pharmaceutical opioids. Some people might say it's just trading one drug for another, but the way I look at it is, it's trading months of horrendous debilitating withdrawa of benzodiazepines for a week of comparatively laughable withdrawals, and maybe another few weeks to few months of moderate cravings. Which in my opinion and experience is magnitudes easier to deal with.

I am currently waiting on my shipment of amanita, but if they don't help, I am going to go down the kratom road.

Lesteraction

Post by Lesteraction » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:53 pm

In contrast, muscimol binds to GABAA receptors differently from other GABA agonists and in a way that is completely unrelated to how benzodiazepines interact with the receptor. This may help to address some of your problems. Muscimol may not have the same paradoxical effects as benzodiazepines because muscimol and GABA do not bind to the same location on the receptor. Supplemental GABA is entirely ineffective because it cannot even pass the Blood-Brain Barrier. All of this is to imply that Amanita is absolutely worth a try; the chance of short-term aggravation of symptoms is worth the possible rewards.