A recreational use of A. muscaria. tincture

A place for discussing casual and recreational use of Amanita Muscaria.
Aquavitae

A recreational use of A. muscaria. tincture

Post by Aquavitae » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:58 pm

Basically, I use AM as a tonic tincture, specially in autumn, winter and beginning of spring, when I start using other two tonic tinctures made of pine pollen and nettle seeds, harvested in the same forests. Been taking these tinctures since 2014, and started with AM teas in 2005. I now prefer the tinctures much more.

I´m a man of fourty three and have been working on different batches of different ratio concentrations (1:5; 1:3; and 1:2), different alcohol % of non denatured ethanolic solvents, different AM caps curation periods, different decarboxylation approaches, etc. Make hot water/alcohol extractions using gentle heat for double extraction.

I take the tinctures sublingually or on the tongue varying the quantity, in relation to the potency of the batch. I do not follow any regime and consider less is more, as Amanita dreamer says.

I find AM tincture to be a powerful onirogen if taken before going to bed. It has helped me with shyness and suspect that this mushroom´s neuroplasticity labours take place while sleeping.

Next morning I feel I´m charged like super mario, more locuacious. I feel happy and loved, creative .

This is a recreational use, that being said with the word "re-creational"s more etimological meaning in mind:

"refreshment or curing of a person, refreshment by eating," from Old French recreacion (13c.), from Latin recreationem (nominative recreatio) "recovery from illness," noun of action from past participle stem of recreare "to refresh, restore, make anew, revive, invigorate," from re- "again"

PD: Apologize for my english.

:)
Last edited by Aquavitae on Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
These users thanked the author Aquavitae for the post (total 3):
Splinters and ShardsRebisasunnyday

Splinters and Shards

Re: A recreational use of A. muscaria. tincture

Post by Splinters and Shards » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:33 pm

This is awesome! I also find that I prefer tinctures to tea. Thank you for sharing your experience!
These users thanked the author Splinters and Shards for the post (total 2):
AquavitaeFungo

Aquavitae

Post by Aquavitae » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:42 pm

Splinters and Shards wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:33 pm
This is awesome! I also find that I prefer tinctures to tea. Thank you for sharing your experience!
You are welcome. I am learning from your reports as well. They are very interesting.

amanita muscaria

Post by amanita muscaria » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:41 pm

do you prefer tinctures over teas medicinally? that's my main thing right now.

Aquavitae

Post by Aquavitae » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:45 pm

amanita muscaria wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:41 pm
do you prefer tinctures over teas medicinally? that's my main thing right now.
Yes, medicinally. Alcohol dissolves a wider range of chemicals than just hot water.
These users thanked the author Aquavitae for the post:
Rebis

Splinters and Shards

Post by Splinters and Shards » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:45 pm

I personally find tinctures to be my favorite way to take Amanitas medicinally. I find that 12-24 drops (1/2-1 dropper) of an unreacted tincture in 40% ethanol gives me the same general effects as taking about 3-5 grams of AM in tea form. For my tinctures, one dropper (as much as a single squeeze will pull, not the whole eye dropper full) ends up containing about 1/3 of a gram or less of mushroom.

I also feel the effects much faster than a tea. If I really want the full muscimol effect, I'll add drops of tincture to boiling water to convert and then mix in honey as it cools to make a pleasant tea.

I do not drink alcohol anymore but sometimes I enjoy that sort of feeling after a long day or if I'm out at the beach or camping. The mushrooms are the reason I no longer drink. About 40-50 drops (less or more depending on the strength of the batch (this is about 1 ml of tincture for the droppers I use)) gives me a nice buzzed feeling (like a couple of beers, a shot of vodka, or a glass of good wine) with lots of calm energy and focus. I find that I can be still and let my mind explore my surroundings.

Everything becomes more beautiful and I feel loved by the earth and her creatures. Pain and anxiety melts away while my mind is still clear and coordination is sharp. I also tend to feel fantastic the next day (which is not my experience with alcohol).
These users thanked the author Splinters and Shards for the post (total 6):
RebisMcpatoAquavitaeasunnydayLuzFungo

Donn

Post by Donn » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:28 pm

On a practical note, at 40% alcohol the shelf life will be a lot longer, compared to a plain water extract. Would hardly even need to refrigerate it.

But the typically available vodka etc. runs around that percentage, to occasionally 50%, so there isn't much room for additional water, and heat would have to be very moderate - I'm thinking maybe set it on top of the espresso machine for a while in a sealed container, where it might get 60-70°C.
These users thanked the author Donn for the post (total 2):
AquavitaeFungo

Imme

Post by Imme » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:30 pm

I am very drawn to the tincture idea. I assume you use very fresh am as you would for any tincture, or can you use dried?
These users thanked the author Imme for the post:
PeaceLoveGratitude

PeaceLoveGratitude
Been thanked: 0

Post by PeaceLoveGratitude » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:56 pm

Imme wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:30 pm
I am very drawn to the tincture idea. I assume you use very fresh am as you would for any tincture, or can you use dried?

Great question, I would also like to know how people are preparing their tincture, loving the forum, and so excited to find others on this blessed journey.

Aquavitae

Post by Aquavitae » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:44 pm

Imme wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:30 pm
I would use heat craker dried and curated caps, although in Russia they are used fresh macerated in vodka for external use.