Fleece cultivation

The Ambrosia Society was created by Don Teeter as a result of his research into Amanita Muscaria. They came to some very interesting conclusions although some of their work related to what they called 'the fleece' was later shown to be erroneous.
T36

Re: Fleece cultivation

Post by T36 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:21 am

Idk the first time i ate the smaller piece with lemon everithing was ok tho...
Did you start eating the whole batch from the start? Or worked your way up?
On the ambrosia forum i remember reading one dude who said that eating alot of it raw will sent you running to the toilet...
Or maybe im growing the wrong fleece? Your fleece does look a bit greenish on the pics that you posted and it seems to produce spores even on the inside?

Anyways ill be taking it slow now)
These users thanked the author T36 for the post:
Mcpato

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:57 am

T36 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:21 am
Idk the first time i ate the smaller piece with lemon everithing was ok tho...
Did you start eating the whole batch from the start? Or worked your way up?
On the ambrosia forum i remember reading one dude who said that eating alot of it raw will sent you running to the toilet...
Or maybe im growing the wrong fleece? Your fleece does look a bit greenish on the pics that you posted and it seems to produce spores even on the inside?

Anyways ill be taking it slow now)
I'm fairly confident you have the right one...
I started slowly too, roasting mine in the oven at a low heat, usually with a marinade. I never really pushed myself with it, its just quickly realized i needed more for stronger effect, and it wasn't hurting me at all if I ate more. You might consider experimenting with cleanses, or fasting for a day beforehand. And yeah, nothing wrong with taking it slow! I think the fleece helps heal you.
And yeah, i do remember that quote on the ambrosia forums. I just didn't know what to make of it because that wasn't my experience at all! Lol
These users thanked the author Mcpato for the post:
T36

T36

Post by T36 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:23 am

I hate meat but eat it rarely just to show that im no vegan)))
Im slim and think that my diet is ok but i do drink hard alcohol anyways i dont think the problem is with cleanses, and ive been eating AM for 4 years now so it must have cleansed my body by now)))

Airless bread grow didnt seem to work so i opened the jar)
These users thanked the author T36 for the post:
Mcpato

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:06 am

@T36 hahaha yeah i wonder why the fleece affected you so violently like that... i do occasionally drink alcohol, but just rately. I have switched from vegan (health focussed plant-based actually) to "fungivore" meaning I eat exactly the same as before, but now I allow fungi cultivated cheeses. I want to explore the fleece's growth on dairy. I am mildly allergic to dairy, but I haven't had any problems with the fungal cheeses I've started eating.

Your experiments look really great my friend, how are you going to try consuming them? I did notice the last "living bread" I ate raw was really nice when it was not quite sporulating yet. It was a bit weaker, but so pleasant to the taste. The stronger it is, the more weird it tastes. I want to eventually try making a tincture as well, but I need to cultivate much more than I will eat in a week...

I was at the dollar store today and I had a great experiment idea! Using splatter screen meshes to separate the living bread into layers, I can stack 4 layers of bread on top of each other. I can always take the bottom layer to consume and add a fresh layer on the top. I think I'll start this experiment soon, and it may solve my "running out of living bread" problem!

T36

Post by T36 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:41 am

Isnt being a vegan all about not eating things that are or where alive :lol: the fleece is alive :lol: fruits and vegetables are alive before you harvest em :lol:

Anyways this is one of the reasons i dont like vegans:P

Also the time it took to make me vomit is weird! AM usually makes me vomit in the first 2 hours after consuming it! It even makes me kinda immune to nausea at the 2 hour mark! So throwing up at the 6 hour mark is very unusual for me!!! But i also noticed that the high from the fleece is prolonged!!! I can actually still feel it!?!
Idk its all weird need more exp with it)))
The new batch will be oven dried prob, idk yet still thinking on how to do it)

Post pics dude) its been a while and you got a lot to show us :D also i dont really understund some of the things you guys talk about :mrgreen: need those pics)))

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:08 pm

T36 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:41 am
Isnt being a vegan all about not eating things that are or where alive :lol: the fleece is alive :lol: fruits and vegetables are alive before you harvest em :lol:

Anyways this is one of the reasons i dont like vegans:P
hahaha oh man, I like to think that isnt like me! There is a lot of baggage that comes with "vegan" so I often just say I'm "plant based", but I did it for health reasons, specifically I've had chronic hypertension most of my life, and discovered that a plant based diet significantly lowered my blood pressure. I'm the only "vegan" in my family and still cook meat dishes for the family. Lol Still i really do appreciate the ethics of veganism, which isn't about "not eating living things" as much as it is about not causing, or reducing as much as possible, the unnecessary suffering in the world. Veganism is the single biggest impact, as far as I understand, to reducing suffering in this world. That alone is a worthy endeavor, it just so happens to also be a healthy diet (which is my reason) and helps save the planet! Lol.
Also the time it took to make me vomit is weird! AM usually makes me vomit in the first 2 hours after consuming it! It even makes me kinda immune to nausea at the 2 hour mark! So throwing up at the 6 hour mark is very unusual for me!!! But i also noticed that the high from the fleece is prolonged!!! I can actually still feel it!?!
yeah it does last a while doesnt it! I've experimented with drinking my psychoactive urine after ingesting the fleece, and I've been able to stretch the effects for quite a while too! Like 2-3 times longer!
Idk its all weird need more exp with it)))
The new batch will be oven dried prob, idk yet still thinking on how to do it)

Post pics dude) its been a while and you got a lot to show us :D also i dont really understund some of the things you guys talk about :mrgreen: need those pics)))
Alright, I'll see what I can do with pics, although I dont have a lot going on (my experiments seem to be verrrry slow or not working, except my bread)
T36

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:57 am

Behold! My raw fleece tincture! Did I just waste a lot of living bread and whiskey? Only time will tell! Should I have dried the fleece first? Maybe! Should I have used a cheaper alcohol? Probably! Do I even know what I'm doing?! Not really! Will you guys help me? ABSOLUTELY! Lol!

I keep hearing about how drying the mushroom leads to the degradation of the sought after chemicals, using raw fleece is my attempt at getting the most out of it! So what do you guys think? Should it work? How long do I let it sit? I'll shake it a couple times a day... Anything else I need to know?
These users thanked the author Mcpato for the post (total 2):
Splinters and ShardsT36

Splinters and Shards

Post by Splinters and Shards » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:24 am

@Mcpato Awesome! If it's anything like the mushroom, I would let it sit in the jar for about a month. Give it a shake every day or so. Fresh mushroom will change in taste and smell over the course of a month, not sure if that also translates to the fleece.

I would try a little everyday to see how it is. If the constituents are similar to Amanita Muscaria, the tincture should be stable at room temp for at least a year. After a month, I like to strain everything out and dry the mushrooms. You could probably do the same with the fleece. I wonder if the dried fleece would work as an inoculant for future growth?

Let us know how it goes!
These users thanked the author Splinters and Shards for the post (total 2):
McpatoT36

Mcpato

Post by Mcpato » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:40 am

Splinters and Shards wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:24 am
@Mcpato Awesome! If it's anything like the mushroom, I would let it sit in the jar for about a month. Give it a shake every day or so. Fresh mushroom will change in taste and smell over the course of a month, not sure if that also translates to the fleece.

I would try a little everyday to see how it is. If the constituents are similar to Amanita Muscaria, the tincture should be stable at room temp for at least a year. After a month, I like to strain everything out and dry the mushrooms. You could probably do the same with the fleece. I wonder if the dried fleece would work as an inoculant for future growth?

Let us know how it goes!
Thank you! This batch is like my lowest quality living bread I've made yet! I undercooked the quinoa, so it didn't get very fleecy on top, due to how dry it was, but inside was nice and firm! Out of curiosity I decided to try holding a small piece of the mycelial mass against my gums in my mouth. This was a much smaller amount than I'd usually consume. After about 5 minutes I decided it really wasn't nearly enough to notice any effects, so I just ate it. A few minutes later watching a dumb comedy with the wife I noticed I felt like I was lightly stoned and the funny parts were funnier than usual! Lol! I think that little piece was able to enter my bloodstream via my gums instead of my stomach. Usually i eat a whole loaf of raw living bread and get a very nice, but light buzz from it. I've thought for a while that much of the chemicals were basically locked away, still in the food, undigested.

I am excited to see how this turns out! Also, I have an idea for potentiating my tincture, and that is basically adding one finished tincture (perhaps half, or a little less) to a future new tincture. I suppose it depends on how much I think I'll be using and if I'll be using it all up before 30 days! If I do this enough, i expect I'll go through a lot of alcohol... But also I can vary the bread too, attempting to dry some of it for the conversion to muscimol, and adding that to the tincture. Before long I could have quite a complex tincture, carrying the life essence of many generations of fleece. This tincture could grow and evolve with me, I wonder how it would chang over time. Its a kind of exciting thought! I had the idea after learning about the "perpetual stew" or stock! Basically the idea is you NEVER eat all the soup. You always leave some left over from the previous batch before adding new ingredients. It makes for a very unique complex flavor that people just love, (things can get really funky too, but that half the fun!) but in our case here I feel it will give more and more life to the tincture. I love the idea of applying it with our immortal fleece! ESPECIALLY if I start adding new cultures of various amanita species!

I'm gonna need a lot more bread! Soon, I'll post my experimental idea for a tiered bread growing system! It is basically my dollar-store-plate-'n-microwave-cover setup, only now with up to 4 layers growth! ASTOUNDING! Stay tuned!! Hahaha
T36

T36

Post by T36 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:35 am

So i was rereading Don's book and found a couple of interesting things that we forgot...
Im using tap water!!! So maybe thats my reason for the upset stomach? @Mcpato what kind of water are you using? Any special steps to clean and filter it?

Also remember @Splinters and Shards recommended to you to use alot of water!?!