Let's introduce ourselves.

Feel free to discuss what you want.
amanita muscaria

Re: Let's introduce ourselves.

Post by amanita muscaria » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:02 pm

hi! i'm a man from finland having introduced myself to entheogenic mushrooms this summer, namely amanita muscaria. i've just started watching amanita dreamer's youtube videos, and i've watched many of them these couple days. she mentioned a community, went on facebook, found facebook community, and from there i found myself here. i've used a bit of this and that, and amanita muscaria is easily my favorite.

i've had massive trauma through my life, and although i was brought up with an attitude of negativity towards intoxication, i've just had to find any way to get out of traumas. i really don't have an affinity with any other substance than amanita muscaria, cbd-products that i've started using this year too, and tobacco. i'm really sensitive and other than little microdosing most other compounds seem to wear me off. i love amanita muscaria, though needs care. i wish i had known how good microdosing this is from the summer, i would've gathered a lot more. i am mostly using this for microdosing.
These users thanked the author amanita muscaria for the post (total 4):
AquavitaeAmanita ResearchRebisSummerElse

MessyEssie

Post by MessyEssie » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:23 pm

Hello to all!
I'm a 40 year old female living in beautiful rural Oregon💜
As a young child I suffered lots of drama and trauma.
As long as I can remember I have had depression and anxiety, I remember the social anxiety peeking it's ugly head in when I started kindergarten, Being so young and so worried all the time. As an adolescent things just got worse, It got heavier and a much bigger burden on my shoulders. I tried conventional medicine and they all made it worse and totally altered my personality. To the point that I had absolutely no feelings, It felt very unnatural to me. I was a huge pothead as a teen but back then pot was still very much illegal and you only got what you could find on the streets. You had no choice of Indica or Sativa, You got what your buddies had. Most of the time it just made the anxiety worse so I tried drinking and that didn't go well for anyone involved. The best relief I have ever gotten was when I took mushrooms. It felt like the veil of self doubt and depression had been lifted. But I was broke and couldn't afford it much.
As an adult I moved from the big City out to the rural country, it is there that I really got into my land and being more self sustainable. I found out that I love it here away from all the noise of the city, I love learning new things about my land everyday, being one with nature and I can breathe. About three years ago I noticed the Amanita growing near by. It was then that I stared researching mushrooms and other plants and their medicinal properties. I still suffer from depression and anxiety but I'm done with this demon that holds me down! I decided to pick the Amanita and give it a go! So here I am and now you pretty much know my life story.
My new chapter starts here 😊💜🍄
These users thanked the author MessyEssie for the post (total 5):
RebisthevoluntarywayHaslerSummerElseIDONOTCONSENT
💜🍄☺️

Imagine Medicine
Has thanked: 0

Post by Imagine Medicine » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:59 pm

Welcome Essie. There are gifts in Ananita to help address our long standing challenges.
I’m at a point now where less is more.
After a couple months I don’t have to use the tea daily and the positive effects continue to assist me in stabilizing my moods and support a wonderful sense of well-being thats been elusive most my life. Sending blessings.
These users thanked the author Imagine Medicine for the post (total 2):
MessyEssieSummerElse

Imagine Medicine

Post by Imagine Medicine » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:59 pm

Welcome Essie. There are gifts in Ananita to help address our long standing challenges.
I’m at a point now where less is more.
After a couple months I don’t have to use the tea daily and the positive effects continue to assist me in stabilizing my moods and support a wonderful sense of well-being thats been elusive most my life. Sending blessings.
These users thanked the author Imagine Medicine for the post:
MessyEssie

Donn

Post by Donn » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:25 pm

I'm introducing myself here on the forum and introducing the mushroom to myself at approximately the same time. The latter actually last night, with some of the dried stem (stipe) of a large one I found a couple days ago while walking the neighbors' dog.

We have had a remarkable flush of them here this fall, way more than I've ever seen. I've read about it since the '70s, and heard first person accounts, and never really had the overpowering urge. I've had reasonably positive experience with psychedelics, but for me, that just meant, when you've had the best, why try the worst? But after walking past all those mushrooms, and then confronted this one offering what must be the last chance here in the second half of November, curiosity got the better of me and I ate a little pinch of it. Well, to my surprise - raw poisonous mushroom with a weird kind of yellow tinge actually tastes quite good!

Then I found the Amanita Dreamer collection of videos online, and it started to make a little sense, so I'm looking forward to making a trial, over the month or two that my one mushroom will provide for. Last night may be the last time I try it late at night, I wouldn't say I slept all that great. Light intermittent sleep, mild delirium. No physical discomfort.

I dried it in the oven and it seems to have come out pretty well. Not dry enough to store long term but pretty dry, looks fine and the thermometer was in the right range. Yielded 13g at present state of dryness. (By the way, it seems like taking a big chance on perfect dryness, to store in a sealed jar? In say a paper bag, it has a chance to dry out a little more over time, in a sealed jar not so much?)

So ... carry on, folks, looks like a good thing you're up to here. The only couple of things that come to mind in the way of suggestions, is
  • when you're offering advice like "I wouldn't recommend [_]", that's a lot more meaningful if there's a little detail like "(because my hair fell out when I did it)" or something. If we were the type to just follow others' advice without any thought, we wouldn't be here, now, would we? And
  • Amanita Dreamer's videos are excellent, even though I rarely have much patience with videos, but it's practically the worst thing for reference. I'm wondering how big a dose is "micro", that seems like kind of a key point, and I guess that's buried 3/4 of the way into some video in the form of "maybe a half teaspoon [of something - water extract?]". I get that it isn't a well defined quantity at all, I'm just thinking it would be nice to have information like that available in all its ambiguity in black and whte text, somewhere people could find it. In the fullness of time.
These users thanked the author Donn for the post (total 3):
RebisAmanita ResearchMatt

amanita muscaria

Post by amanita muscaria » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:53 pm

hi, and welcome! you could use a desiccant in the jar. just remember, that mushrooms suck water, and air is moist, but the mushrooms will probably be potent for a while any way you store them.

as for microdosing, i had the same problem too. i first thought amanita dreamer spoke about half a teaspoon of dried amanita muscaria, but it was half a teaspoon of the tea that she showed how to make in her first video. i just had to watch the microdosing video a few times.

Donn

Post by Donn » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:41 am

Yeah, it isn't a big deal, and anyway I guess perhaps there's no sense in making an Official Amanita Research How To Instructions for Ingesting Poisonous Mushrooms. But since that's naturally what we tend to do on the internet anyway, it occurred to me maybe an interesting way to aggregate information like that might be, couple times a year or so, post a thread: "What I Do", with a link to the last thread from say 6 months ago. Then anyone who wants to share their techniques can post in, and you have a running evolving expertise base. Kind of like a wiki, but without the hassles over who's right.
These users thanked the author Donn for the post:
Matt

Witto

Post by Witto » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:26 pm

Hello Everybody,
just few words to introduce me, and thank you for this plateforme, and the videos about Amanita.
I come from France, living there, and take Amanita to clearer my mind, and open up my being. I have no big health issue, so it's not the purpose, but I feal really better with Amanita.
For now, I make decoction, or eat it dry, but next year, when it is the season again, I will make tincture...
I would say I take it not for recreational purpose, but for a communication one...
Presentations are not my cup of tea, but you know more about me that way :)
All the best,
Witto
These users thanked the author Witto for the post (total 2):
Splinters and ShardsRebis

AmAm

Post by AmAm » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:18 pm

Hey
Thank you for letting me to join this forum I am from Lithuania.
I have been very interested with Amanitas for last few years. I pick them by my self in local woods, dry them or make Soma and recently started selling them so if any of you guys did not find any Amanitas this year you can pm me or visit my site.
https://amanitamuscariashop.com/
Andrius
These users thanked the author AmAm for the post (total 2):
RebisMatt

Fungo

Post by Fungo » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:20 pm

Hello everyone. Thanks for this opportunity to share information about this iconic mushroom. I live in the north of Portugal and work in night shift a couple of weeks per month which affect my circadian rhythm and overall health. I was introduced to this mushroom by a friend who knows about fungi in general , not only A. muscaria . He told me it is good for sleeping and vitality specially for elders, although I´m not old I will give it a try. I´m making my first tincture to be used under the tongue in drops... let´s see how it works.

Thanks again for this oportunity to get all information toghether, and for sharing personal experiences .

Fungo
These users thanked the author Fungo for the post (total 2):
Splinters and ShardsRebis